Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Awards


I am so proud of our little smarty-pants! Carter and Kate both received awards today. Carter received and award for getting all straight A's. He was one of only two boys in the whole fourth grade to do so.  He also received the special award for excelling in mathematics for his grade.  This is ironic because he always complains that he's not good at math.  Well, now I have ammunition that he IS good at math.





Katers also received an award for getting all A and Bs.  She only got one B and we are really proud of her.  She also received a special award for Citizenship for her class.  They chose one person from each class who demonstrates exceptional behavior and we were happy to see it was Kate!




The kids knew they were getting awards for grades but had no idea about the other awards.  Neither did I and so I wasn't really paying attention when they called Carter's name again.  The lady next to me asked me what award he just got and I said, "I have no idea but I'm going to take a picture."  So funny.

3 comments:

Just Us! said...

Smarty-pants is right! Woo Hoo you two! I am so proud of you but I am not the least bit surprised. I am glad that you are recognized for something we as your family already knew about both of you. Congratulations! You are all so very much loved. ;)

Unknown said...

I'm not surprised either. They have good parents who teach them and love them and encourage them and "force" them :) to do good things with their lives. I appreciate the effort it takes on all of your parts. Good job Carter and Kate, you are wonderful! Love you!

Jordy and Paiger said...

That's spectacular! Way too go you two! And carter, he is amazing! Good for him. I'm sure you're both so proud.