Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Weirdness

So yesterday I was taking Carter to preschool and we passed a lady walking on the side of the road in the piles of snow. Yes, we still have lots of snow here. Now that's not the weird thing. The weirdness occurred when I noticed she was walking her child on a leash and carrying her dog. Yes, it's true folks.
Another weird thing happened when we noticed that some magpies were building a big nest in the apple tree close to our house. Well, this is not so weird as it is annoying because magpies have got to be some of the loudest, most obnoxious birds on earth and they were building this nest directly outside the kid's bedroom window. Now, these birds woke us up at 5am all summer last year and there is no way I'm allowing them to have a nest right outside the bedroom. So, I mad Chad go out there and destroy it. I looked out the window and saw him climbing up the tree, without a coat, shovel in hand. He got the job done though and knocked the nest down. Yes, I did feel bad for about half a second. (There were no eggs in it yet, I made sure of that first.)
More weirdness, while we were playing with play doh, Carter pretended his play doh was a brain. He put a toothpick in the middle and then proceeded to do "surgery" and get it out. Where does the child learn things like this. Kind of gross but I then turned it into a moment of encouragement, thus. "Carter, you can be a brain surgeon for real and make lots of money. You just have to get really good grades in school and study hard."

4 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Wend, I laughed out loud at your crazy woman carrying the dog comment. ha!

Melanie said...

Maybe you should pretend you live in another state, at least when you admit that there are such crazy people around here. That is hilarious. I can remember my Dad hating the magpies when I was a little kid. I guess they've been annoying people since the Garden of Eden. As for Carter, it's pretty scarey how he's constantly amazing us with his comprehension and observations. All my children and grandchildren need to be rich and well-educated so they can support me in the manner I've grown accustomed to. Right?

Parrish Family said...

Oh my goodness! Maybe the lady was out walking her child, but the dog didn't need to be walked! :) And I think Carter could totally be a brain surgeon!

Nicole said...

Yes and then he can marry my daughter who is definetly going to marry a doctor because he will make lots of money! Ha HA!