1. I worked a lot of day shifts. I stopped working nights and now I work from 3am to 3pm. Maybe that's still working nights since I get up at 1:50am but whatever.
2. I snuggled my kids a lot. And also got mad at them a lot too. But I think I loved them more than I was mad at them.
3. I tried to exercise a lot but sometimes I was really tired.
4. I tried to read my scriptures a lot but Eli was crying a lot...and spitting up even more.
5. Speaking of Eli, I fed him a lot, changed his bum a lot, bounced him a lot, and washed a lot of his burp cloths.
6. I cleaned the house a lot.
7. I cooked a lot of meals.
8. I went to the grocery store a lot.
9. I prayed and cried a lot.
10. I thought a lot about all the things I wish I could do better and felt bad about the things I wasn't getting done. Like posting on my blog and showing everyone in cyberspace cute pictures of my darlings.
So, I feel like I did a whole lot of nothing but isn't strange how sometimes a whole lot of nothing adds up to a whole lot of something. I have been living life. Just like everyone else and when it's all said and done, it's the little things that count. Tonight Carter wanted to sit on my lap and rock and even though I felt rushed, we did it. And I'm glad we did because as I swung his not-so-little-anymore body up on my lap I thought about how someday soon, he will be bigger than me and he won't want to rock at bedtime anymore. I'm sure all moms feel like their children are the cutest and the smartest and the best. But I have to say, I'm pretty sure that mine actually are.
9 comments:
I agree. I have decided that I've adopted your children as my own niece and nephews. They are too freaking cute!
This is so cute! It reminds me of that book "As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
You got a lot of "a lots" done! Doesn't that feel good? I can't wait to see you.
I sometimes change my "to-do list" to an "accomplished" list too. It helps to see all the little things as important.
I saw Carter and Kate with your mom at the library a couple of weeks ago. The Logan story time for the summer is on Wednesdays in July (I don't remember what time, but I think 10 or 11 am.) Your mom was interested in that.
Starting on June 7th if you go into the library and register and read with your kids for 20 minutes a day (I am sure you already do), the kids can each pick a new book every two weeks.
Can you believe Kindergarten is just around the corner?
Becca
You do have cute kids!!! And I know what you mean about nothing adding up to something! :) I hope you are working when I go in to have my baby!
Awwww. I got teary reading that. :)
You are a wonderful mother and friend. It is amazing how much you do get done. Can't wait to spend sometime with you...maybe next week.
P.S When is Ralphie coming up?
I am still amazed that you are able to accomplish everything you do. You are great! Lifes nothings are some of the best for me!
I love how honest you are! I get mad sometimes too, but it's good when our love outweighs all those times. You are such a GREAT person! so don't be too hard on yourself!! ;) I think your little ones are too cute too! And you talking about Carter getting bigger wants me to hold Hunter in my lap all night long! They really do grow up fast!
Post a Comment