First, let's talk about Kindergarten. Carter started Kindergarten yesterday. I went with him on his first day and neither one of us cried. I had always imagined that my firstborn would cling to me and I would tearfully peel him off and leave him with his annoyed teacher. In reality I only got a little choked up when I was helping him write his name and I looked at his little hand gripping the pencil and saw the sweet, concentrated look on his face. My kids' hands always get to me. I don't know why. But their little hands always get me choked up - chubby baby hands, messy toddler hands, little hands holding my hands... So sweet.
Anyway, he didn't act nervous at all and seemed ready and excited to start this part of his life. He's such a little smarty, I know he is going to do well.
Today, I got out of my comfort zone and went to a HipHop Kickboxing class. Now,the whole time I was there I was remembering Karen trying to teach me how to "kick it" and "get down" in our apartment years ago. And then I remembered how I never really got it and was unable to be that comfortable with my feminine self and we only tried that once. If you really want to know the truth, Chad can shimmy better than I can. Now you know the truth even if you didn't want to. And I'm not lying, it's true. And he really has no boobs - not even moobs (man boobs). So anyway, this morning at 5:30 am I found myself listening to an instructor say, "I know your butt is jiggling. It's supposed to jiggle with this move!" Well, listen instructor, first of all it's not just my butt jiggling but pretty much every part of my postpartum self and second of all, I guess I didn't get the memo about the dress code. Let's just say there was bling, chains, and cleavage - lots of cleavage going on up in the front of the room. And then I thought about Karen again. Let's just leave it at that.
Now, I do have to say that I had a blast, got a good workout and the instructor was very encouraging and very nice and I will be there again next Friday bright and early.
I guess I better go buy some chains.
11 comments:
I can't believe Carter started kindergarten!!! I swear it was a few months ago he was in the nursery with us! He looks so grown up!
And I LOVE your story about your exercise class!
I'm glad Carter is enjoying kindergarten so far! I am so ready for a certain someone to start as well...
As for exercise class, who gets dressed up for that? I would think chains and cleavage would hurt. Oh, well, I don't have the cleavage problem.
I can't believe he is in Kindergarten! He is such a cute little guy, way to go to both of you for being brave :)! That workout story is too funny!
AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH. I laughed my can off at this. Seriously. OH the memories AND the mental picture. Love you, love your kid, love the thought of your postpartum self gettin jiggy with it. Heck ya. I LOVE my gym class. Was it turbo kick? Or some kind of hip hop? Zumba maybe?
Love it. :) (for the record, I don't get jiggy very often anymore...30 was my break off point)
I can't believe Carter is in Kindergarten! I hope he has a wonderful teacher - I know he's so smart and will do great. And I am impressed neither of you cried, that's unusual on the first day of kindergarten, but a good thing that you have a confident little boy. And I'm proud of you for going to that exercise class; sounds like something I would want to do but know I would chicken out.
Yes, he is probably the smartest little person to go to kindergarten since my own four went! He is so nonchalant about how much he already knows. I'll bet his teacher is in awe at his abilities! Of course I'm prejudiced - but I'm right! And, Wendi, I give you hugs all the time and I can feel your BONES so I know you're not jiggling that much! Believe me people, she looks fantastic!
I agree. You do look fantastic!
Carter is such a little man. He so reminds me of Chad.
Come on Wendi where are those pictures of you at kickboxing class. I already know you look great but your classmates.....??? What a hoot!!! I'm up for a good laugh.;)
I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are all so cute.
You are so hilarious!! And I am fully expecting a video to be posted of you in class... ha ha ha! Love you Wend!
WOOHOO, you go Wendi! I took a hiphop dance class and was the idiot in the back that never got a workout because the steps were too hard for my uncoordinated self, haha! I can't believe Carter is SO big!!!
Post a Comment