Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bubby

At 18 months old our little Eli is just the joy of our lives. He really makes me smile even when things are not very happy at our house. He has this funny way of walking/shuffling around with his knees bent. He loves to give kisses and walks around with his lips puckered kissing everyone in turn. I even get dozens of kisses a day on my legs while he just follows me around the house hanging on to me. He has also figured out that if he fake cries I will pick him up and snuggle him so he does that all the time. I love the snuggles so I totally enable the bad habit. He is talking a lot and randomly says big words and even sentences sometimes but mostly he just says "mamma" a lot. If you ask him a question he doesn't usually say "yes" or "no" but he nods or shakes his head very dramatically. His only downfall is that he wakes up for hours in the night several times a week. He doesn't cry but just thumps his legs in his crib and yells and yells. I think it's correlated to teething but I'm not really sure. All I know is that everyone sleeps through it except me and I am tired.
I love to come home from work and see his face light up when he sees me and gives me a big hug. Here are some of his favorites:
  • His blanket
  • His water cup
  • toy cars
  • "nanas" (bananas), grapes, strawberries, "bapples" (apples)
  • pizza
  • tomatoes
  • Elmo
  • books
  • animals of any kind
  • playing outside
Things he doesn't like:
  • milk-he absolutely won't drink it
  • when Mom or Grandma leave
  • when we make him come inside
  • when we try to make him hold still
  • going to the doctor - he cries the minute we walk into the exam room
  • going to Nursery at church :(
We love him so much. He really is the most adorable little boy and a joy to us. I just can't stop kissing him!

6 comments:

Parrish Family said...

He has such a sweet face! And I love his eye color!! I think it is adorable that he gives so many kisses. And I bet if John and I were the Nursery Leaders he would come!! ;) then again, who knows?!!

Jordy and Paiger said...

Man, time flew! He is so big! He looks way tall. He is just the cutest thing ever. I remember holding him right after his birth, and it always amazes me just how fast they grow up. Sad, but so neat to watch. Happy 18 mos Eli! We love you!

Karen Ella said...

He's so stinking cute!!!

Melanie said...

You forgot to put this on his dislike list: He cries and cries if I take my jacket off when I get too hot. So, if I get too warm I have to just suffer through it because it seems to traumatize him so much! Such a cute, silly, sensitive little sweetheart! I'm flattered that he cares :)

Meg said...

Wow he's growing up! I totally think he looks like a mix of Carter and Kate - super cute. He sounds like the sweetest little boy ever, I love that he will go around passing out kisses. (and I'm a total bad habit enabler too if it results in cuddles.) Hope you all are doing well!

Rachel Seren said...

Wow, he seems to have grown up overnight! He is so handsome!