Sweet Lydia is one month old today. I cannot believe how fast time is going. I am also grateful in a way because I think the first 3 months are so hard. It's hard to go without sleep and hard for all the other kids to adjust. Eli was hard for a few weeks (well, he's always kind of hard) and now the older two are driving me crazy! They are just so emotional, needy, and seem to tease and bug everyone all the time. Oh, and did I mention Carter has a really bad attitude lately. So, by the time Chad gets home from work, I am emotionally and physically exhausted. When am I ever going to have time and energy to get anything done or lose the baby weight? Chad reminds me I said the same thing when I had Eli and I survived somehow. I actually think this time will be a little easier because two of the kids are in school now.
Lydia has been smiling so big at me this last week. Daddy hasn't really gotten any smiles yet but Lydia just grins and grins at me in the mornings. She has started to do a 4 hour stretch of sleep from about 8 until midnight which is great. If only she would go longer than 2 hours after that. She is growing out of some of her newborn clothes. It just makes me so sad to think this is the last time we will have an infant in the house. We are so grateful to have our sweet little girl!
1 comment:
Look at her sitting up there so big! I got a smile from her the day before I left to come home. I was thankful for that!
Post a Comment