Monday, January 19, 2015

Friends

This past weekend was one of the best of my life.  I have these amazing friends that I met in NH.  They literally saved me when I lived there because I was so sad and struggling in every way.  They may not have known the depth of my despair, but they reached out to me, loved me, and became some of my biggest blessings.  I really believe one of the reasons we moved to NH was so that I could meet these ladies.  They are beautiful, inside and out and I love them so much.

So, Trisha and Elissa are marathoners so we all met up in Charleston so they could run and Melissa and I could watch! Elissa flew in from Pocatello and we met up at Trisha's house in Clemson, SC and drove together to Melissa's house in Charleston on Friday.


On Saturday Trisha and Elissa ran.  They did so great.  Melissa and I waited at certain points along the course to cheer them on.  It really was so cool.  We all got teary every time they ran past.  Just so inspiring and they are amazing.



After the race we went to Melissa's to the runners could shower and eat and then we went out to have some fun!  We went to the historic part of Charleston and took a carriage ride tour. It was so cool to see all the old houses.
Then Elissa treated us to a visit to the spa.  So spoiled!  After that we went to dinner and talked and laughed for hours.

We got up early on Sunday to get home in time for Kate's "Eight is Great" meeting at 12:15. Whoa. Talk about sleep deprived but it was worth it.  Elissa came home with me so we could spend a little more time together.  She spent the night at our house and then I took her to Clemson on Monday afternoon so Trisha could take her to the airport.  I just love these ladies!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

They are beautiful ladies and I'm grateful to them for "saving" you from the hard times in NH. You have lovely friends all over the country. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm so glad you could go. Thanks to Chad for being Mr. Mom for 3 days!