Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summatime

For Independence Day, we took our usual trip to the family hot spot, Idaho Falls. Typically the fireworks are beyond spectacular. This year, due to the poor budget they were just spectacular and only half as long. With things being the way they are nationally, it would have been irresponsible to do as they have done in the past. Regardless of this we still enjoyed this getaway, glutting ourselves on food that goes straight to the hips while catching up with relatives and friends.

Here is a picture of Kate making her trademark quirky facial expressions watching the parade.

Pictured here is Carter, obviously confused by all the merriment, with his cousin Bradon.

This is a photo we took at home next to the pond. Kate was acting funny all that day, pouting whenever we were in view. She craves attention.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Priceless pictures . . . I want to make wallpaper out of them and have them near me wherever I go! I never get tired of looking at them, they are so so cute! I'm very grateful that your family willingly submitted themselves to a long drive, unreasonable hours, botched schedules and little sleep to be with the Whittiers again this year. Hopefully, it gives the kids happy memories like it did their Mom.

Red & Lyss said...

You have such adorable kids!

Debbye said...

I love that picture of Kate by the pond...she looks so contemplative.

Carter covered his ears whenever a float came by with sound, it made me giggle!

It was fun hanging with all your relatives and eating tons of food!

Rachel said...

I love Kate's pigtails, what a cutie!

Gordon and Robyn said...

Kate looks unbelievable cute lost deep in thought!

ashley said...

How fun!! And were you really so close to me?? Next time we'll have to arrange a visit. :)

Syme Family said...

My sister lives in Idaho Falls and she tells us every year how wonderful the fire works are too. She said the same thing about them this year.