Sunday, August 16, 2009

Deployment, comfort, large rodents, & underwear models

A lot has happened between our last two posts. Let us fill you in. If you didn't already know, David, Wendi's brother, has left to train for deployment to Afganistan. We were able to have a family dutch oven dinner with him before he left. He will be back later this year before his actual deployment to Afganistan. During that time he will bless his new son Noah. It is difficult to leave behind a wife and new son. I admire him for keeping his head up and doing what his country has requested of him. I pray the Lord continues to watch over him just as He did during his previous tour in Iraq.


During the dutch oven dinner, we noticed Kate had picked up some odd behaviors. Shoes filled with fresh cut grass must be awfully comfy. Is this a cry for Dr. Scholl's? Because I can probably save some money just by making sure her shoes end up on the right feet.


We also discovered a new neighbor one early afternoon. We have a rock chuck or marmot. I went out and took a picture. When I attempted to video the animal, it got spooked. We laughed as it ran. It looked more like a flying carpet than an animal. It's tiny legs sure moved really quick for not going anywhere fast.

Finally, we have started potty training Kate. We bought her some new "big-girl" underwear. She took those and promptly put them on - over her pants. She has since figured out that they go on under the pants. Generally, she is doing pretty good. We have had very few wet accidents. She still is trying to figure out the poops though. Not too successful with that yet.

5 comments:

Parrish Family said...

LOVE the pictures. Kate's is the best. I think that is so cute and funny! I miss seeing your kids!

Ralphie said...

I hope potty training is going well! That will be a really nice hump to get over before baby arrives!

I LOVE the grass in the shoes picture. Hilarious!

Debbye said...

I am glad you all are having success with Kate's potty training. I just had a mental breakdown while trying to train Mallory. Maybe you have some tips?

Rachel said...

LOOOOOVE the picture of the grass in her shoes, what a funny kid! And we're doing the potty training too, eeeee!

Meg said...

I love your blog Wendi! We miss your family already and wanted to say thanks again for all you guys have done for us over the past year. Your family is so wonderful - I love that last picture of Kate, too cute :) Good luck with the potty training!