We actually did have a fun day. Really we did. We just didn't get any pictures of that part....
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Fall Fun
We went to the Western Heritage Center's Fall Festival yesterday. But firstly, it was HOT and not at all fall-like. And secondly, it was not that, uh, fun, for some of us.
Kate cried a lot of the time for pretty much no reason. She didn't want to ride the train but cried because mommy and Carter did. Then she cried at the hay jump and maze. Why? No one knows.
Here's Carter jumping off the big stack of hay (he's the one on the far left). He didn't want to do it at first but I was like, "C'mon boy! Kids for hundreds of years have entertained themselves by jumping off hay bales." And then he did it. And he had fun.
While Kate spent most of the day crying, Carter spent a lot of the day plugging his ears because the threshing machine was loud, the train horn was loud, etc. We have some adventurous kids I tell ya. No pansies here - nope.
"Hey, did that mommy duck just peck my hand when I tried to pet her baby?" Why yes little lady she did.
If we could get both of them to smile at the same time that would be great. Well, actually if we could get either of them to smile that would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Two blogs in one week! Yahoo! Those two kids are just the most wonderful, cutest, sweetest! I just want to squeeze them and kiss their faces over and over and then stare at their big blue eyes and their cute profiles and then hug and hug them and kiss them some more and then oooh and aaah at all their fantastic discoveries and then hug them and kiss them and play with them and listen to them and then do it all over again. I just LOVE being a Grammy!
They are so cute, and you are really funny!
Oh, the memories!
hahaha! I laugh now, but I am sure there WILL be days like that for Jord and I with our kids. I just can't believe how big they are getting. And by the way...I am way excited for you to have this new babe, and to see what gender it will be! Are you due in December? Forgive me...I forget. Hope all is well. Jord, me, and Adrienne love you all.
You just have to LOVE 2 year olds! And I likes Carters comment about a dead turkey!!! He is so funny!
Okay! I can't stop laughing at Carter's quote of the month. LOVE IT SO MUCH, that I had to comment on it!
Hey! I'll take pictures of your kids daily, as soon as we live in the same state.
How are we going to work that out?
Kids are funny! You try to do something nice and what do you get... crying, whining, and mom pulling her hair out. I felt your pain through your pictures!!! LOL!
WEndi you are so funny. And seems like your kids are one rough-n-tough crowd! ;)
Love those 2 year old mood swings, haha!! She's so cute, what great pictures!
Cracks me up. And what is it with sassy little girl toddlers. i guess we all have one. Little turkey!
Hey Wendi...Besty is super awesome, Yeah I live right next door to her!!@ She does amazing stuff and I'm sure she captured great moments of your little kiddos!! Hope all is well with you and your fam :)
Post a Comment