Saturday, June 5, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have had a very busy week! Last weekend we celebrated Memorial Day more appropriately than we ever have before. My brother, David, came home from serving as a Marine in Afghanistan. We are so grateful to have him home safely. Especially since two Marines in his company were killed by IEDs. Dave said there were a lot of mornings where he woke and up and thought, "I wonder if I'll get blown up today?" Well, we're really glad he didn't and really, really glad he's home now. His wife was followed by Channel 5 News, so you can see details and more pictures (Carter was in some of them) if you're interested at http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10971432.


Here we are with Dave, Angie, and Noah.

On our way home, we decided to stop at Temple Square and let the kids see the Christus. It was a quick trip and a long day, but we had fun exploring the visitors center and eating lunch at the Lion House!

Then, today we were able to go to Ogden for the baptism of my sister-in-law, Debbye. Here she is with the missionaries, my brother, John, and their kids, Braydon, Mallory and baby Allison. John also blessed Mallory and Allison. We had a nice lunch afterwards and spent the afternoon visiting at John's house. Can I just say that I really love my family. I know they would do anything for me and I hope they know I would do the same for them.

So, we had another fun-filled and busy week. This is a picture of Kate on the way home today. I know exactly how she feels.

5 comments:

Parrish Family said...

It sounds like a busy, but very FUN day!!! And I LOVE what Kate said to you about her shirt!!

Karen Ella said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! I totally watched that news cast at my parents' house and cried when he came and hugged her! If I'd known I was watching David, I probably would've sobbed even more!!! Yay that he's home!

Meg said...

You guys are busy! I'm glad you are having a fun summer and I'm very happy to hear that your brother is home safely, I can't imagine the relief his wife must feel!

Rachel Seren said...

What a special day!

Rana said...

Wendi, those are a lot of special events, I love you! I love your example of purity and goodness! I'm glad your brother is home safe! And that you have such a good family!