Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July

We went to Idaho Falls for the big Whittier bash this weekend! We started off the festivities with the parade and we froze! It was only about 50 degrees and the wind was blowing. Of course, I had not packed warm clothes but luckily I have cousins with kids the same size as Carter and Kate so we begged some jackets off them. I swear the parade gets more and more lame every year but the kids still had fun getting lots of candy and being with family.

Here is Carter and Kate snuggled down to watch all the rednecks drive by.

Mommy and Eli trying to stay warm.

It did eventually warm up enough to take off our jackets. Here we are at Grandma Whittier's for the big pre-fireworks barbeque. We had so much fun and the fireworks did not disappoint. We didn't get the kids to bed until after midnight but Eli was a champ and slept awesome in spite of being moved three times after he went to bed in the pack-n-play at 8. Every year I wonder why we do this to ourselves and every year we do it again because I think it is a great tradition...in spite of the tiredness.


Eli is close to crawling and is just as cute as ever!

4 comments:

Karen Ella said...

Aaaaaaawwwwwwwww, SO CUTE. Hey, where are those pics Ralph took? I need to see those...

Parrish Family said...

I can't believe how cold it was!! Your kids are so adorable! And I know what you mean about all the tiredness! :)

Rachel said...

We were in Idaho too and it *was* cold! I loooooooooove their pics! And my favorite are those gorgeous ones on Ralphie's blog! Holy smokes Wendi, you're gorgeous!

Tonya said...

I totally agree with you about the parade. I swear it was the worst one ever! I'm so glad you guys come every year! It wouldn't be the same without you.