Chad and Carter had a nice long break from school and work after Christmas so we tried to take advantage of that and go on some field trips. We went to the Cabot Cheese store in Quechee, Vermont to taste some delicious cheese and to see the toy museum. Random, yes. Welcome to NNE (Northern New England). So, above the cheese store, there is a toy and train museum and also a very fun antique mall. There were large cases of toys from every decade starting in the 50's. It really was fun to look at and the kids had so much fun.
I took this picture of the case of 80's toys. We saw so many things in there that brought back a lot of memories. Man, we are getting old!
Carter and Kate got to pose for a picture as a cow. Notice there are not many pictures of Eli lately. Truly, he does still belong in our family and we always/usually/sometimes take him with us. He just does not photograph well or really at all these days.
I didn't take any picture of New Year's Eve but we had a lot of fun. We invited three families over to eat and play games. The kids had a blast running around with their friends and the adults had fun playing games. It really might be the most fun I've ever had on a New Year's Eve. Mom and I made rolls, spinach artichoke dip, pita chips, salsa and chips, veggies and dip, chocolate chip muffins and caramel corn. Our guests brought some snacks too so we definitely ate well. We played a rousing game of Catch Phrase and then a kind of long and drawn out game of Apples to Apples. We really have met some wonderful people here.
I guess I should also document Christmas a little more. The kids didn't wake up until about 7. Luckily they are still young enough to stay asleep until a decent hour. We went down to see what Santa brought and boy, were they excited. I'm so glad because I was worried they might be disappointed by a "smaller" Christmas. I should not have worried at all though because they got plenty of fun things and both sets of grandparents just spoiled them!
Carter got Nerf swords, clay, and a Harry Potter Lego Wii game from Santa. Kate got a doll house with some dolls and furniture (Santa got the doll house for $3.75 at a thrift store!). And Eli got a Pocoyo train.
We then got showered and dressed for Church and had a delicious breakfast of baked french toast, bacon, and homemade hot chocolate. After breakfast, we let the kids open their presents under the tree. We are so grateful to family members who made our kids a wonderful Christmas. They were thrilled by all their gifts and Chad and I were so thankful to see their happy faces!
3 comments:
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun during the holidays. And my Macey likes to carry things around with her too, it is fun to watch. :)
Paul got me the Harry Potter lego Wii game too! Glad to know that my interests are the same as Carter's. :) I love reading about all your adventures, and I'm glad you got to go to the temple!
Which temple is that?
Post a Comment