Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve and the kids are just a little bit excited.  Just a little bit.  The presents under the tree have been rearranged at least 25 times by Carter and the ornaments have been rearranged at least that many times by Kate today.  Carter has even been heard saying things like, "I just can't take it anymore! Am I on the nice list or the naughty list?"  Well, I can say that he has mostly been on the nice list. Mostly.    Kate has literally been jumping up and down exclaiming, "I love Christmas! Do you love Christmas?" We had a fun day today full of making cut-out cookies, writing notes to Santa, putting reindeer food outside (glitter and oats), and listening to Christmas music.  This evening we had our traditional reading of the nativity while the kids acted it out.  Eli was supposed to be a shepherd but he kept his costume on for about one millisecond.  Also, there are no pictures of him because he is currently going through a phase where he wants to look at the screen on the back of the camera so I really can't get him to stay in front of the camera long enough to get any pictures.  Sigh.



When I tucked the kids into bed, I took their pictures and told them to show me how excited they are for Santa to come. Here's Carter being mature and sedate...
 Kate. Not so much.  As you can see, she really is super excited.

1 comment:

Karen Ella said...

AHHAHAHA. Love those pics. Kids make Christmas so much more fun.