Thursday, May 24, 2012

Meadow Night

 For the last three months Carter has been working hard on a project for school researching an animal that can be found in the meadow at the school. His animal was the toad and he did an awesome job. He created a power point presentation using the data he gathered and also painted a mural. I was truly impressed by the toad that he painted. I wish we had a better picture of it. There are 10 other first-graders in Carter's class and we got to listen to all their presentations as well and then had a pot luck dinner together. It is so interesting to see the slight differences in culture here. I made a enchilada casserole and everyone was like, "Wow. This is great. How do you make it?" Uhhhh. I made it up just using basic Mexican food ingredients. Mexican food just isn't really prevalent here sadly.



The coolest thing happened when we got home though as Chad went out in the yard and what did he find? A toad. I really don't think I have ever seen Carter so excited. It was so cool. There are tons of frogs here but we don't see toads very often. It was a tender mercy I think from a loving Heavenly Father.




3 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't think I've ever heard him more excited that he was when he called me tonight to tell me about the toad! His mural of a toad is awesome! Tell him I think he is a great artist and a fantastic student. Wish, wish, wish I could have been there to experience it all with him!

Karen Ella said...

Wow. That's awesome. Uh...and can I just say:
SIGNS YOU'RE NOT IN UTAH ANYMORE...
1) Mexican food being "new"
2) 12 kids in a class
THAT ROCKS.

Just Us! said...

Dear Carter,
You are amazing. Wow what an artist you are becoming!! And a power point presentation too? I can't even do that. Excellent job! I can hardly to give you a hug and a kiss xoxo
Love, Grandma B