Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Events of the Day

I think I should get paid to stay home and take care of these people.
 Today was ridiculous. First we went to a friends house to pick up some stuff I needed for YW and to play for awhile and pick wild strawberries. Of course the whole thing ended when Eli started to tantrum so we got to leave immediately. Of course, I forgot to get the stuff for YW which is why we drove the 20 minutes to this house in the first place.
 Then, after lunch, I discovered that Kate had two ticks embedded in her leg. This area is the worst for ticks and Lyme Disease in the nation. Of course they were the tiny, deer ticks, and to pull them out I literally had to sit on Kate as SHE threw a tantrum. I've never seen her that out of control. It was  ridiculous. I just hope I got the heads out and that she doesn't get Lyme Disease.  She did get this lovely flower crown from Sis. Billings though so that made it all better.
I have one word for this boy. NAUGHTY.  He almost died twice today. Once when I turned my back for literally 3 seconds and he ran out in the middle of the road and then again when I had the desire to beat the crap out of him for running in the road. He thought it was so funny until I showed him what it would feel like to get squished by a car. Well, not really but I put him on the floor and pushed on his head and body and tried to explain what imminent death means all in a very calm voice, of course.
You can't really see in this picture how filthy he is either. This kid is testing my limits in every way. He is all boy. He teases. He yells if he doesn't get his way. He doesn't want to share. He is the epitome of a peanut butter-smeared, sticky-handed, stick-carrying, stubborn, strong-willed, non-potty trained, poorly-sleeping, full of love two-year-old. Heaven help us all.
I deserve a raise and I might take up drinking. Diet Coke anyway.

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Good thing they are so cute to look at, right? Being a Mom is the hardest job on the planet, but it really is worth it! Try the drinking part, see if it helps :) Love you Wend!

Melanie said...

Oh, and I forgot to say how beautiful Kate's flower headpiece is. That Sister Billings is a nice friend to have - in many ways!

Melanie said...

Another comment, sorry! Your yard is soooooooo green and the flower bush is beautiful, but not as beautiful as that pretty little girl standing in front of it. I love how the natural curl in her hair makes little tendrils come out around her face. Love, love, love the pictures, every one of them!

Jordy and Paiger said...

UGH! You and me both sista!! Seriously, being a mom is the HARDEST job EVER!! But we still love and adore our stinkers!!

Brielle said...

I've got one of those 2 year olds too. I'm always reminding my husband that I really deserve a medal for the crap that I deal with every day. (literally and figur
atively)

Just Us! said...

They eventually do grow up, mature and move away...clear across the country and have babies of their own! It happens sooo fast. Then one day a smile will appear upon your face as you remember these days while your grown children tell you of similar stories of your grandchildren. My kids always thought it was so darn funny when I got mad at them for acting up. Just ask Chad. Shaylynn was terrible about staying out of the street. Then one day after she had been in the street her brothers and sisters found a dead bird in the yard. So....a 2 year old Shaylynn and I had a deep talk about death. She still remembers talking about death, the dangers about being in the street and around cars and then watching me throwing the bird into the garbage can. Ask her what she remembers. I have found that nibbling on a small piece of chocolate and savoring each morsel in complete solitude does wonders. Just lose yourself in the moment. Note: One small cupcake can provide the same result. I love, love, love that photo of Kate with the flower wreath. She looks just like a little wood fairy. Thanks for the memories and bringing a smile to MY face. Love you all.

Karen Ella said...

ahhahaah. i know, that's not funny at all. but i LOVE that you're such a wonderful mother, and so normal at the same time. ;)

Red & Lyss said...

I about died laughing while reading this! I totally relate! It is nice to know that someone as wonderful as you gets frustrated and has "fun" times with kids! I already drink way to much DIET COKE, and I always tell Chris, I am drinking my hard life away :), I think it helps :)!

Tonya said...

Oh Wend I am with Lyss I was laughing my head off reading this. Sadly I'm also with her as in I turn to "drink" to deal with the days! ha ha. Anyway, you are such a great mom and even with a ridiculous day like that you are the best ever at making into something hilarious. We miss you guys!!!

Debbye said...

I just got to read this...I think our 2 year olds are related!!!