Sunday, July 1, 2012

Summer Fun

Today after "resting time" we sat outside and enjoyed popsicles. It isn't too hot today and we are loving the beautiful weather. There have been a few really uncomfortably hot days but overall the weather has been really nice. I have a much better attitude now since we got some window air conditioners for the bedrooms upstairs. Last week I was having a total breakdown because it was in the 90s with humidity and not cooling off at night. Pretty much no one was a happy camper then.  I went with some other moms to a little water play/splash pad on one of those days and while the kids got wet and had a blast, all us moms sat in a little scrap of shade and pretty much just cried over one thing or another. It is a hard time right now because many of the women I have become close to are moving as their husbands have finished school so everyone was just having an emotional day and the heat did NOT help.


 Eli's has acquired the new name of "Mr. Fuzzy." I think it's the humidity but we cannot get his hair to lay down. With gel on, it lays down for a few minutes but eventually it's sticking straight up again.
 This picture is for Grandma R. The kids found a moth that had just come out of it's cocoon and wanted a picture to show Grandma since she was on the phone with them when they discovered it.
This is a belated picture of the kids on Carter's last day of school. I made a sign that said "Welcome Summer" and we invited the Jones kids over for a water party. I filled up like 150 water balloons which lasted all of 5 minutes. Big surprise there. Then the kids just ran through the sprinkler for awhile and had ice cream sandwiches. it was a fun start to what we think will be a great summer.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh you guys! That is the prettiest moth I have ever seen. The ones we have here are just dusty colored. Thank you for sharing that with me. It is so beautiful there, maybe you will love it so much that you won't ever want to come back :(. The fuzzy hair on Eli's head is so cute and Carter and Kate look so good. I can't wait to see you in two weeks!