A couple of weeks ago, the kids and I went monarch caterpillar hunting. We found only one little caterpillar and brought it home with some milk weed. After a few days, he turned into this beautiful chrysalis.
We have been waiting for over two weeks for the butterfly to emerge. The milk weed died and got all moldy. We pulled off all the leaves except the one the chrysalis was on. Then that leaf fell off and I had to tape it on so our little butterfly could hopefully survive. This morning the chrysalis was all opaque and black and we could tell the butterfly was going to come out at any moment. I just knew it was going to happen while we were at church...so the butterfly got to go to church with us. We had waited for over two weeks and we were not going to miss this! At the end of Sacrament Meeting, the butterfly came out! So I alerted the kids and we "quietly" watched it during the closing song and prayer. People around us probably wondered what was going on but we got to see our butterfly!
It got to stretch it's wings and dry out all during church and then we let it go when we got home. It was a great Sunday experience if you ask me.




4 comments:
How beautiful!!! What a special experience. They will always remember it. Thanks for sharing with pictures.
Such a wonderful memory for your little family. Heavenly Father shows his love for us with the beauties he has created so I think it's very appropriate to have taken the butterfly to church with you. Thank you for sharing the whole thing with us! Love you!
Woooowwww, that's awesome!!!!
That is so cool. And I agree. Perfect Sunday/church/spiritual experience. :)
Post a Comment