Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sugarbush Farm

The kids didn't have school on Columbus Day so we took a little field trip to a local cheese and maple syrup farm.


This picture is actually on the lawn of our church the day before but it shows the leaves and Eli's delightful, cheesy smile.


Now, here we are at Sugarbush Farm in Vermont. This picture is B.L.B or Before Lip Biting.  Eli tripped on a slippery tree root and hit his lip right on a sharp rock. He either bit right through his lip or had lacerations on the inside from his teeth and on the outside from the rock. Maybe both, I couldn't tell but either way, he hurt it pretty bad.


I didn't take pictures, but there were some little goats at this farm that the kids got to feed. Eli especially loved feeding the goats.  I didn't know it, but he had a handful of goat food in his little fist and as we moved on to other things, he kept asking to go back to the goats. I was a little tired of the goats so I didn't let him go back. Like an hour later, as we were getting in the van, I found that he had his little hand just clenched around this goat food. It just broke my heart that he had held on to it through his fall and everything and we hadn't let him go back to feed the goats. Poor little guy.


Some pictures of the fall foliage. I think it was even more brilliant last week but it was raining, raining, raining, and I didn't get any better pictures.



Love these kids. We had a fun day together just getting out and enjoying the non-rainy day.


3 comments:

Just Us! said...

I think every child bites through their bottom lip with those sharp little baby teeth at least once. I have scars under my bottom lip as does Chad. It sure makes you feel bad for them though. You have some beautiful places to visit. I am so glad you take advantage of it a go to those places, take pictures and share on your blog. Eli is certainly a cute, cheesy ham. Kate is beautiful and Carter is a handsome lad. I look forward to seeing everybody soon!!!

Melanie said...

They really are so, so, so, so cute, really beautiful children. Love the picture of Blankie in the first one!

Melanie said...

Such cute pictures of the kids and the beautiful place you live. Love Carter's "gap-toothed" grin!