Sunday, October 14, 2012

Showing Off the Kiddos

Carter has felt like he is not that good at math.  However, it is clear from this assessment, that he is great at math.
(The pictures are turned, I am too lazy to fix them. Sorry.)

Here is an example of Carter's excellent hand writing. He accidentally brought home a classmate's sheet too and comparing the two just really emphasized how nice and neat Carter's work is. I didn't post a picture of the other kid's work because I thought that would be rude and maybe illegal but believe me, Carter has great hand writing.


Here's a picture Kate drew. I get at least one of these pictures from her daily. "LV" is how she writes "love" and then she draws herself and me.


This is a butterfly she made at school.  She just gets devastated if I recycle anything she makes but holy cow, she gives me a lot of pieces of paper every day.


I can't leave Eli out so here is a picture he made for me this week. He said the orange thing at the bottom is  a spider.  When I asked him what the blue thing was he said, "don't know." So, I think it's something like a prickly pickle or maybe a ghost. Hmmmm. 


3 comments:

Just Us! said...

Carter is doing terrific!!! I can read everything he wrote. And Kate and Eli are becoming quite the artists. I like how Kate drew such an accurate likeness of your belly. I love Eli's spider. They are growing and learning so fast.

Just Us! said...

Kate, is that butterfly a portrait of "your" church butterfly? It sure looks like the one you nurtured until it came out of it's cocoon. Great job!!

Melanie said...

I already knew they were brilliant children, but it's nice to see the proof! Good little artists too, they come by that naturally from their Mom and Dad. And . . . your comment about Kate made me laugh. She will remember every piece of schoolwork and artwork she does every year and YOU BETTER NOT THROW ANY OF THEM AWAY! You better get a bigger house so you can dedicate a room to Kate's things! Love this about her, what a girl!