Friday, November 2, 2012

Temple Trip

The first weekend in October our ward had a Temple trip to Boston. The youth were also going to do baptisms for the dead so I had to go to supervise the YW. It was a really LONG day for our poor kids. We left home at 9 so we could get to the temple by a little after 11


The Primary had an activity for the children while the adults attended a session where they got to meet with Temple President and then go inside the Temple's front lobby. The youth were in charge of babysitting all the children which meant I did continual head counts to make sure that none of the children were wandering off while their parents were gone. The kids had a wonderful experience though and I think they felt the spirit while they were inside the Temple. Chad also was able to go in and do a session while I stayed outside with the kids.


After the adults were done with their session, the kids and Chad went to the stake center that's closeby to have lunch and play in the nursery while I took the youth inside to do baptisms. I had packed a huge box full of things for them to do but apparently they were just happy to play and run around. There was a couple of hours of wait time before the youth did baptisms so by the time we got out of the Temple it was 6. By this time we were all starving but luckily there was a Chipotle restaurant a few minutes away so we grabbed something to eat and headed home.
Eli fell asleep for a little while in the car but then he woke up and cried. Loudly. For a long time. Like for the last hour of the trip. Good times. We got home at 9 and crashed into bed.



2 comments:

Melanie said...

Looks like some memories were made that day for all of you. Although it is way, way different than your temple excursions in Utah, you will all remember it forever and the feelings that came because you were doing what you should. Yes, it takes more time and sacrifice, but just think of the wonderful things you are teaching your children by going through the whole process. Good for you Wendi and Chad!

Just Us! said...

Thanks for sharing all your adventure stories and pictures. I can't wait to see all of you and where all your adventures begin!