Kate is 8!!!
Lydia sobbed the whole time. I mean the WHOLE time that Kate opened presents. She kept saying, "mine, mine, mine." I guess she wanted another birthday.
Kate wanted a raspberry cake. So I made a raspberry cake with whipped cream/pudding frosting. Nothing fancy but yummy.
Instead of a friend party this year, Kate opted to go to Build A Bear. Yeah! Mom wins! So, she chose to make Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon.
From Mom and Dad, she got a watch, Stitch, a scripture set and carrying case.
From Grandma R. she got a crocheted blanket, doll nightgown and blanket, and a scrapbook with paper and stickers. What a lucky girl!
At 8 years old Kate loves:
- stuffed animals
- hugs
- playing with friends
- coloring/drawing
- sleeping
She still doesn't eat a whole lot and weighs less than 50 lbs. She's not a picky eater but just doesn't eat a whole lot...and she eats very slowly. She does very well in school and never complains about doing homework even though she doesn't really love reading like Carter does. She plays the piano so well. She really has natural talent. She is also taking ballet. We'll see if that becomes something she loves or not but she's such a cute little ballerina. We love our Katers!
2 comments:
Such a beautiful little 8 year old! I love her so much. There's just something about her that speaks to my soul somehow, just can't really explain it. I hope she knows how much I think of her. I need to tell her more often. Thank you for posting!
Happy Birthday Katers! You are such a beautiful young lady. I hope you know how much you are loved here in Logan! Your daddy had the same issue as Lydia when it was his sister's birthday. He didn't cry but he made his sister cry because he opened her gifts before she could. I can hardly wait to see you! I love you, Grandma B
Post a Comment