Lydia is two years old! I really can't believe how big she is and I have been kind of sad all day. I just remember so vividly the day she was born and how sweet and tiny she was. Oh my goodness, I am addicted to babies.
Grandma Reynolds made her a cute nightgown and blanket to go with her Christmas doll. Grandma Reynolds also crocheted her a blanket and sent her a couple of Pooh Bear Books. We gave her her own Leap Reader so she will stop stealing Eli's and a couple of books to go with that.
Lydia has been really into Winnie the Pooh lately so I made her a beehive cake covered in "honey" and little sugar bees on it.
At two years old, Lydia loves:
- stuffed animals, namely "Woof Woof", "Bay" (bear), and Piglet.
- Blankets - she takes at least one blanket and all the stuffed animals mentioned above with her everywhere she goes.
- watching Pooh Bear and Blues Clues
- reading books
- coloring
- playing in the kinetic sand - and making a mess
- "helping" mom fold clothes and put away laundry. She seriously loves it.
- "helping" put away groceries. She wants to put EVERYTHING in the fridge.
- "helping" unload the dishwasher
She doesn't talk a whole lot but is finally starting to say more discernible words.
She is still very attached to her binky and so am I, honestly. I'm not ready to take it away because it is such a convenient plug!
She sleeps great at night from 7:30 to 6:30ish but doesn't take a very long nap during the day. I'm lucky if I get an hour out of her. *sad face*
We are all still in love with her and all the kids keep saying how they wish she would stay a baby. I don't think any of us are ready to not have a baby in the house. We love you Lydia!
2 comments:
There's no other word that needs to be said - just ADORABLE! She looks excited and bewildered all at the same time :-) The cake turned out awesome. Such a cute idea, darling, darling, darling girl, pictures, kids, and cake. I'm so glad you posted them so quickly. I was wondering about her day!
What a beautiful little 2 year old girl! I hope little curly locks enjoys her books and blankets. Wow, I want a cake like that. It is so cute!!! I am so looking forward to seeing you guys is a few weeks. Until then, my love to all.
Post a Comment