Sunday, November 18, 2007

Church With Kids



Sundays with my children (Carter, to be specific) go something like this:
"Get your shoes on! Don't mess up your hair! Hurry up! Stop! Hold my hand across the street! Slow down! Be reverent!"
"But I don't want to go to Nursery!"
"If you go to Nursery you can have a treat later."
"I don't want to leave Nursery!"
"If you sit quietly you can have a treat later. Be quiet. Hold still. Be quiet. Hold still. If you hold still you can have a treat later."
"I need to go potty."
"Be quiet. Sit still. Be quiet."
"I need to go potty again."
"Walk slowly. Hurry up. Be reverent. Hold still. Be quiet. If you be quiet for just a little longer you can have a treat later. Fold your arms. Hold still. Let me pick up all the crayons, cars, fruit snacks, sippy cups, papers, children, blankets, scriptures, church bag, and diaper bag. Ok, slow down. Hurry up. Keep up with me. Quit crying. Hold my hand. No, I can't carry you - can't you see my arms are full? Open the door. Quit whining. Uhhhhg. Now mommy is going into the bathroom for awhile for some peace and quiet. Here's your treat!!!!"

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Haha, can I say AMEN!? I love that! It's like total chaos going on in your brain and when you get home you wonder if any bit of the Spirit maybe leaked in through...what, osmosis hopefully? That is great!

Rachel Seren said...

WENDI!! this is Rachel Schulmire, I saw your blog and I had no idea you had a little girl! How are you guys! let me know my email address is rschulmire@gmail.com
your kids are absolutely adorable!

Jenny said...

So true, but if I ever go anywhere without the kids, I feel naked and wierd...but I get over that feeling pretty fast!

Sara B said...

You Too!

Tonya said...

Wendi...your blog is an excellent source of birth-control! ha ha!