Thursday, October 9, 2008

My favorite person

I saw a picture of an old sign on the internet. When I saw it, I instantly thought of Wendi. Don't ask me why. You ask a ridiculous question, you get even more ridiculous answers. I get lots of random remindings when I see certain things that make me think of her. In this instance I know she likes things that are old and beat up. I constantly tease her about her obsession over beat-up-ed-ness-ess-es... things.

As I continued to contemplate her preferences in distressed furniture and things made of old barn wood, I thought what if I took a piece of some of these and arranged it in her name? Granted it is nothing new or original but it was fun to do. I'd seen it done before but didn't know how long it would take. I am grateful she has a short name.

Sure you can find the letters to your loved ones name any old place, but any old place sometimes doesn't cut it. The lighting might be off. The letters might be squished. The letter may not even look like it is supposed to. Plus, you don't want to use letters that may be used on a liquor store or some kind of adult book store. What kind of message does that send?

So with that I present the name of one of my favorite people...

Yeah, it's lame but when you are always thinking about her sometimes things begin to remind you of her. Love you Wendi-lady.

P.S. Wendi makes a killer apple pie. Yet I am still alive to tell you about it. YUMMM!

3 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

That's super cute!!! And kind of mushy - yuck! ;) Why do you post things to gross us out? J/K!!!!

ashley said...

So cute! Way to go Chad! So Wendi, when are we coming over for Apple pie. I heard it's divine?!?!?!

The Stowells said...

I don't think that I have ever had a good apple pie. I think that I definitely want the Wendi ladies' recipe. YUM! We love you all so much and we miss y'all.