Friday, January 9, 2009

When It Freezing Rains...

it pours. My week in review:


Locked out of the house in a snow storm and 10 degree weather with no coat and two crying kids. Luckily Tanner came to the rescue and took us to my Mom's house to wait all day for Chad to come home from SLC. At least we had somewhere warm to wait.

I had to leave my groceries outside to stay cold while we waited for Chad to get home and some kind of critter got into them and ate every last scrap of $7/lb lunch meat I had splurged on.

Another flat tire. Don't think this one was sabotaged but still waiting for Chad to get home and look at it.

My tooth broke and I had to get my first crown put on. Yeah for $350 dollars to make me a queen!

With all this being said though I am very grateful that we are all healthy and safe. I just think it's interesting how bad things come in bunches. Please just let us be done with the bad for the year. Pretty please.

10 comments:

Tonya said...

jeeeeeze! Well lucky you, you're a queen, you fed a hungry raccoon, and well, you have a cool picture of freezing rain-coated stuff! And really lucky, you have family in town!! Good thing Tanner was around. Sorry you had a bad week!!

Emily Gilgen said...

Oh honey. I'm so sorry. What a week! Too bad the freezing rain didn't freeze over the bandit animal

Brielle said...

Wow! I've had a couple of missing keys scares and I always think--what would I do if I got locked out and I had a bunch of groceries and these kids? I can't believe it actually happended to you. At least your mom was around. Moms are good like that.

The Stowells said...

Maybe it was a blessing that the critter ate the lunch meat... maybe it was poisonous or rotten. Ok, if the positive twist doesn't do it for ya, then maybe he ate too much and died. Revenge, sweet revenge. Ha Ha Ha!

ashley said...

Tell me that's not really your car........or anywhere near you guys. Did it really freeze like that?!?!?! Yuck!!

Dang lunch meat......that would make me the most mad. The crown would make most people even angrier......but I have plenty of those, so what's one more for me. :o) But my $7 lunch meat ALL GONE??? Little pest!!

Syme Family said...

That picture is crazy. Sorry you had such a bad week. Your right bad things do come in bunches. Last year went so smoothly for us I just know something bad is waiting up ahead.

Rachel said...

Oh what a yucky week!!! I'm sure the freezing rain is over. Do I need to come over and rain some chocolate on you?? Cuz you *know* I will!

Rachel Seren said...

That is never fun! I am glad you had somewhere to wait it out!

Debbye said...

Where was the picture taken? It totally freaked me out.

Has this winter just been extra bad, or is it always like this? I've lived here almost 9 years now, and these past few snowstorms seem extra crazy.

As for vermin...maybe it was your neighbors? ;)

Rana said...

Sorry Wendi!