Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pressure and Guilt

We are having a lot of pressure and guilt in our life right now. I won't bore you with details but the current pressure and guilt that has elicited this post is the guilt of not having had a new post for a couple of weeks. It's just sad because I don't have anything awesome about fun vacations like Tonya, or beautiful pictures of my children like Ralphie, or creative genius and cuteness like Ashley, or hilarious pictures and stories like Rachel. So, anyway here are some fun and funny things about our week:

Bolt. The movie is hilarious! If you have not seen it you MUST go directly to any source necessary to acquire and view it. It is fully awesome! We have watched it, ummm, more than once this week.

The Resident "Shoe Stuffer."
I have discovered that Kate has a quiet habit of stuffing things in shoes. Observe.
Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


Exhibit C:

This one has to have an explanation. On Friday we were looking everywhere for the remote. I finally gave up and thought one of the kids (or Chad) had put it somewhere and it was lost forever. Hours later, I went to take out the garbage and just slipped Chad's shoes on really quick. And what to my surprise but there was the remote! That little stinker. I really wonder what she is thinking. She just kills me.

Another fun thing we did this week was going to see Monsters vs. Aliens with my Mom, David and Angie. The kids liked it but we still thought Bolt was better. We came back to our house for chicken enchiladas. It really was a fun evening.

So there is our week in a nutshell. Oh, and it's snowing again. I don't think winter is ever going to leave us. I washed the kids' summer clothes and have them out in their closet - waiting patiently. Truly, if this keeps it up I'm going to have to buy new winter clothes and boots in a bigger size for them. Global warming, yeah right.

7 comments:

Tonya said...

Pressure and Guilt?? What could you possibly be feeling either of those for, you're like the model family and especially the model mother/fun person! (yes, Fun person for lack of better word) And don't complain about not going on trips..... if I can't complain about not having kids! ;) I love Kate's shoe-stuffing by the way.

Ralphie said...

Oh, man. I miss you. Snow and all.

Melanie said...

Yup, I was a participant in the remote search. We looked high and low, over and over again with no success. Carter helped too, but Kate (the one person who could have found it for us) was blissfully sleeping, not knowing how desperate we were becoming. They would not be able to watch the extra parts of DVDs without it. On no . . . it was a big, big problem! I'll bet the Bohn's check their shoes from now on if they can't find something! Go Katers! Love, Grammy

Melanie said...

As I was reading Wendi's comments about nothing being worth mentioning, I thought of some things she didn't tell all of her readers. Like the fact that Carter has the most perfect little face with long black eyelashes and such a sober little personality, except when he's teasing his family. He pretends he's deaf at bedtime, which makes for interesting encounters with the parent trying to get him into bed. Ah, I remember those days - not with Wendi, of course, she has always been practically perfect in every way! (So was Chad, I hear from sources who know.) And then, she didn't mention that Kate sings many songs right on tune and has always had some part of her body bouncing to the beat of music, TV shows, even the mixer making cookies. She has this look (see picture of her with shampooed hair pointing to the sky) that reminds me of the little girl in Mr. Krueger's Christmas video. Half silly, half serious. Carter loves musical instruments and was so excited to see his Grandpa Reynolds' guitar the other day. He wants to play the piano, his Dad's clarinet, his Mom's violin and now the guitar . . . he can accompany Kate when she sings solos. Kate keeps us all laughing, Carter keeps us all amazed at all he's learning and how grown up he's getting. Guess that means, that Wendi and Chad are great parents, doing their best at raising righteous and happy children. I, as the grandmother, stand in awe of them and love them very much! All of the above happened last week, today, and will happen again next week. Things like that don't get mentioned because they aren't spectacular, but they are wonderful and so everyday and common. I thought they deserved mentioning.

Rachel said...

Hahaha, whatEVER Wendi!!!!!! I always get so excited when you've blogged because your blogs are so real and true to life!!! You're so cute and creative!!! I love the shoe stuffers! Savanna once stuffed all our credit cards in a slit in the dresser and we couldn't find them for a whole day...eeek!!!

Red & Lyss said...

Your kids are so funny! I love to read your blog and see the funny things I have to look forward to! You really are a great example to me!
P.S. for some reason my login name is Dawn, but this is actually Alyssa, so if you know how to change it let me know!

Rachel Seren said...

You are great, and it seems like we have similar reasons for not blogging as frequently. I still love seeing pics of your adorable kids and hearing what your cute fam is up to.