So I have become a "couponer." This apparently is a title unique to Utah and maybe even just Cache Valley and sounds a little weird. But let me tell you with a little work and a lot of organization, you too can be a couponer. There is a system here of using coupons to save lots of money and build your food storage and it really works. For example, yesterday I spent a total of $60 and saved $112 by using coupons. I got a pork loin roast, a 4lb rump roast, a 1bl of stew meat, 2 big bottles of Snuggle Fabric softener, 6 boxes of Jello pudding mix, 4 boxes of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, 3 boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats, 5 Breyers Ice Cream (1.5 qt size), 2 Bertolli frozen dinner bakes, a cake mix, Lysol toilet bowl cleaner, 10 reusable grocery bags, a bottle of barbeque sauce, a bottle of Kraft salad dressing, a boxed pasta salad mix, and some more that I can't remember right now. Oh, and I got a coupon for free milk from buying the cereal.
Anyway, as you can see, this system is great and it is saving us money and building our food storage. If you go to the website, theobsessiveshopper.com, you can see how the system works. It can be a little confusing at first but I'm happy to help you if you need. People who don't live in Utah can do this too but it might be a little harder.
Happy shopping!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think I need to start doing this. While I don't think that I am an over-indulgent shopper, it would be nice to get twice as much stuff for the same price. I will check out this website tonight, and if I need help I will be calling you! ;)
Kay, now I demand a Coupon 101 post!! Where do you get your coupons???
Post a Comment