Saturday, April 25, 2009

Boys. Trees. Friends.


It seems that little boys have a lot on their minds. What great, life changing, all-consuming, all-important questions does he think about? Is he contemplating the nature of the universe and his place in it? How to become the next Nobel prize winner? Or how he can help the "Autobots rage in battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons?" Probably the last.


Carter's backyard friend comes over to play quite often. It is fun to see them interact and play together. Picking at bark, finding bugs, and (apparently out of frame) observing the chickens in the neighbor's yard. Oh to be young and carefree again. No worries. No cares, just as long as you get all your toys back at the end of the day.


The adventures we live today are the memories of tomorrow. Those memories are made even sweeter when that time is spent with our family, friends, and loved ones. After all, afternoons spent in trees, getting dirty, picking up bugs, all the while imagining you are saving the world from the brink of disaster is exactly how I would like to spend my day.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh, my Carter, you are such a sweet boy! Such darling pictures, Chad! The other day when I was there for the afternoon, Carter introduced me to "his" tree and to Dane's "tree". I hadn't taken particular notice of their perfect shapes and branches for sitting in and pretending in. Trust a little boy to figure it out. I hope he enjoys every minute of his time in "his" tree!

Rachel Seren said...

I love the pics, what a fun place!