Thursday, April 30, 2009

Worst Mother Award

And the award goes to.... me. Today in Carter's preschool we had a special "Mom Day." I got to go with him and he presented me with this cute little craft. He even wrote his name on it all by himself and those are his precious little handprints. Then, on the other side, each child told the teacher what their Mom's do best. Some said things like, "My Mom fixes lunch for me," and "My Mom plays with me."
This is what mine said...


So, guess the laundry just does itself and dinner fixes itself and the groceries magically appear and we all just lay around unshowered in our pajamas all day. Sigh. I guess I must apply myself a little more and pry myself off the couch once in awhile.

13 comments:

Melanie said...

So, he thinks you're pretty good at resting . . . aren't we all? I just rested when you kids weren't looking and I guess I was successful at not being seen. Don't you remember how I "rested" while I was reading books and said ridiculous things instead of the words that were printed in the book? Plus, I remember my mother taking a nap pretty much every day and look at what kind of person she is and always has been. There, you see, it's OK for your son to think you're good at resting! You are a wonderful mom!

Red & Lyss said...

You are a wonderful mom!

ashley said...

I almost died. That was hilarious. Yeah right, these dang kids have no clue what we do for them. :D Good thing they're so cute.

Yeah, I guess it's better that he didn't say, "My mom........looks nice in her favorite outfit, her PJs." That's what my Elli would say if given the chance, I'm sure.

Tonya said...

oh man, that is absolutely hilarious. You never know what those kids are going to say. You are the best mom your kids could ever dream of, and I hope you know that! They are so lucky to have you. I hope you laughed when you saw that because I would have . . . I did! :)

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that is SOOOOOOOOOO funny!!! What a cutie!

Diane Bohn said...

Sounds like my house...though I wish the laundry did itself. Haha! You're great! and Carter has the BEST lines ever! Do you keep a journal of all the funny things he says?! That would be fun to read when he's older!

Ralphie said...

Yah, I've always been worried about you. Hanging out on the couch with a bag of potata chips just aint gonna cut it.

Stueller said...

Darn kids :) LOL! Gotta love them right?

Brielle said...

Oh, that is so funny. I can't stop laughing. I'm glad you blogged about that so you'll never forget.

Deanna said...

or perhaps, he is saying because you do all those things you deserve to rest. yes, I think that's it.

Tina Fraidenburg said...

Ha HA HA!!! This is so funny! It made my day. You are a wonderful mother, Wendi! I will be laughing about this one all day!!

Parrish Family said...

We LOVE Carter! He gives us such a good laugh! I hope my kids can say funny things like him. I hope it gave you some motiviation! :-)

Just kidding Wendi you know that I think you are one of the most AWESOME people ever!!

Oh and just so you know, the IV you tried, never even bruised! The other trys, I can't say the same! It was great to see you! Even if it was just for a few minutes.

Debbye said...

I can only hope that my kids think I rest well, also!