So, I just got off work in Salt Lake and am at Wendi's aunt and uncle's where I spend the night when I get a phone call from Wendi. I thought it was something bad since I had just got off the phone with her about a 1/2 hour before. Carter had been sick with a fever of 104 and was going to see the doctor that evening. Naturally I thought something must be wrong. Well something was wrong and it wasn't with Carter (not at the moment anyway). The first thing Wendi said was, "Well the garden is gone."
It caught me off guard and by surprise."What do you mean? Is it flooding?"
"No. I was on my way to put the kids in the car to take Carter to the doctor when it started hailing marble sized hail."
Needless to say hail that size was sure to destroy vegetation. Wendi said we got about an inch or more of hail before it stopped. After I got home the next day I took some pictures and well.... maybe the garden can pull through. It will take a miracle or Miracle Grow to help it out.
Those of you with weak constitutions feel free to look away now.
Here is what is left of the lilly pads in the pond
Here is our shredded squash plant.
This tomato plant is a goner. The leaves lie severed on the ground next to the stem. Gruesome, I know.
It caught me off guard and by surprise."What do you mean? Is it flooding?"
"No. I was on my way to put the kids in the car to take Carter to the doctor when it started hailing marble sized hail."
Needless to say hail that size was sure to destroy vegetation. Wendi said we got about an inch or more of hail before it stopped. After I got home the next day I took some pictures and well.... maybe the garden can pull through. It will take a miracle or Miracle Grow to help it out.
Those of you with weak constitutions feel free to look away now.
Here is what is left of the lilly pads in the pond
Here is our shredded squash plant.
This tomato plant is a goner. The leaves lie severed on the ground next to the stem. Gruesome, I know.
This is the bell pepper plant. They are usually pretty tough and hearty. It held up pretty well but it was still pretty pulverized.
By the way, Carter is well. His temperature is back to normal. Despite the vegetable carnage, all is well with us.
By the way, Carter is well. His temperature is back to normal. Despite the vegetable carnage, all is well with us.

6 comments:
Oh my goodness, you are so funny!!!!!!!! So sad about all your little plants, what crazy weather!
Don't give up on your garden. This is what happened in Salt Lake last year a few weeks before my outdoor wedding. My mom and dad's garden was in shreds. They were still able to get things from the garden, so don't pull all the plants out.
I'm sorry about your plants...that tomato one looks so sad. :(
I have never attempted a garden, it looks like so much work. I hope the plants come back and you can make your salsa after all!
I am glad Carter is ok. I really think that if you put miracle grow on those plants they will pull through. I bought nearly dead yellow tomato plants two years ago in American Fork and they were huge by the end of July!!! I put the liquid miracle grow on them every week.
Isn't this rain crazy, I heard somewhere its been the wettest June in history or something!!! So sad about your plants, that would make me so mad!!!
dang, dang, dang! That is such a bummer! Chad's commentary is the best part. And I did have to look away from the tomato plant, that was pretty awful.
Post a Comment