Sunday, December 13, 2009

Six Years of Lovely Moments Challenge

The Rules: Find photos which have Wendi and I in the picture that are closest to the date of our wedding anniversary (December 13). Despite how unattractive the picture or pose, if it is the only one that has both Wendi and I in it and it is the closest date to our anniversary, it must be used.

Can't I bend the rules and show only attractive pictures? No. Once I make the rules, there is no backing out. The Official Secret and Invisible Order of the Rule Making Magistrate will hold me entirely accountable and punishable should I re-negotiate the rules. They impose stiff penalties and fines to all rule benders, breakers, and rule re-negotiators. You never know when their collection officers will show up at your door should the rules be broken.

December 13, 2003 - Our wedding day.

December 25, 2004 - Our first year of marriage. Carter was born Nov 1, 2004. Back then our world only revolved around Carter and only took pictures of Carter. Luckily, Melanie had her camera handy and took this glamor shot.

December 17, 2005 - 2nd year of marriage. I graduated with a degree in Psychology. Wendi also has a degree, but received it the year before in Community Health Education when she was still pregnant with Carter.

August 5, 2006 - Almost 3rd year of marriage. Yes, August is the earliest. We were at David and Angie's wedding. For some reason we don't have any pictures, at all, for the months of September through December. Wendi was pregnant with Kate at this time. I wonder... did the "Delete Fairy" pay us a visit? I suppose a picture from the next year would work, but it wouldn't be a picture from 2006. Rules...

December 25, 2007 - 4th year of marriage. Thank goodness for Christmas. I don't think Wendi and I would appear together in any pictures if it weren't for Christmas. Plus it is just so close to our anniversary. Wendi also had Kate earlier that year in February.


August 2, 2008 - Almost 5th year of marriage. We were attending Jana and Mark's wedding. I would make a remark about how beautiful Wendi looks but it would detract from Jana's spotlight as it was her wedding day.

December 12, 2009 - Our 6th year of marriage. Getting our Christmas tree. Wendi had just had Eli nearly two weeks before. Notice how you cannot see our faces, with the exception of Wendi's nose? We are soooo old and wrinkled from all those years of marriage, lack of sleep, and wear of the worries for our children, that we cannot show our faces. Okay. Wendi could. She is just as beautiful as ever. She ages quite well. Since I don't drink wine, I cannot compare her to a "fine wine". But she is "fine". She gets more beautiful after every year and each child we have. What do you think she will look like after 15 years and 10 kids? AmAzInG!!! ;p

I love you Wendi.


5 comments:

Melanie said...

Oh Chad, you are so romantic . . . I am one very impressed mother-in-law. Truth be told, you both look better every year, and having three cute kids doesn't hurt either. I'm so glad you got married! P.S. Take her out Saturday night, I'll be there!

Jordy and Paiger said...

ha that was great. I love looking at past photo's. And you are right, Wendi does look very pretty in her friends wedding photo. She looks great in purple! Can't wait to see you guys.

Red & Lyss said...

I am super impressed with you Chad, what an amazing husband you are! And Wendi is beautiful!

Diane Bohn said...

Haha! That's so cute! and too funny. I like the idea!

Rachel said...

Hahahaha, oh man, that was SO funny and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! I love you guys, you're so amazing---all of you!!!