Saturday, December 5, 2009

Eli Michael Bohn



Eli Michael Bohn was born December 3, 2009 at 6:20am. He weighed 7lbs. 7oz. and was 20 inches long.

The hospital did not allow children to visit due to the crummy swine flu (thanks a lot dumb ol' pigs). So the kids did not get to see Eli (or mommy) until we brought him home from the hospital, two days later.

Carter's first moments with Eli.


Kate's first moments with Eli


Our first family picture with our new happy addition.



Wendi's Two-bits: First of all, I don't really appreciate how I look in the pictures but oh well. I can be adult about it. The last few days have been crazy. At my doctor's apt on Tuesday I was 4cm and decided to schedule an induction for Tuesday Dec 8th. I still had one shift left to work on Thursday and we wanted to go get our Christmas tree on Saturday so I was pretty content to stay pregnant for another week even though I was uncomfortable and miserable. Anyway, on Wed. night Chad and I were watching Angels and Demons and I was contracting about every 8 to 10 min but that's not abnormal for me so I wasn't too worried. Around 10:30 though, just as I was ready to go to bed, the contractions became right on top of each other and really intense. I was shaking and told Chad it was time to go to the hospital. Then suddenly I decided I really didn't want to have another baby. The thought of going to L&D terrified me! I really love being the nurse and really hate being the patient. I just was not too excited about being in labor instead of going to bed and knowing that I wasn't going to see the other kids for a couple of days made me really sad. Anyway, so once my Mom arrived to be with the kids we headed to the hospital. Once I got there, I felt a little more in control and wasn't crying so much. My friends at work took excellent care of me, I had a great epidural, and I got to the hospital in time to have antibiotics since I was group B strep positive with this baby. My labor was long this time since his little head just wasn't descending. The L&D nurse part of me was starting to worry that maybe he was too big or tangled up in his cord or something but then I quickly changed from 7 cm to completely dilated and he delivered quickly after that. It was so fun to watch him come out and here Chad say, "It's a boy!"
Eli is such a sweet little guy and the whole family is in love with him. Carter told me today, "I love the baby so much. It makes me want to cry." He also said later, "Eli has spit-up on his cheek and it's making me feel like I'm going to throw up."
I really feel the best I have after any of my kids. Just really swollen this time and a little sore but that will get better in a few days. I feel so happy and content and just so grateful that he is here safe and sound.

18 comments:

Shay said...

YAY! HE is so cute! I wish I was there to get to meet him, but I will get to see him soon:) Congratulations! Love you guys!

Jordy and Paiger said...

Oh I can't wait to see him and his cute face. I hope you are on the mend and that all is going well for you. I remember being so swollen after having Adrienne that when I would try to walk I could feel my feet jiggle under my skin. (does that make sense?) Anyway, I took a picture of my foot on accident, i should show it to you. It took 2 wks for the swelling to go down. Can you tell that it is still so fresh in my mind? hahaha anyway..... I love you and your baby and I haven't even met him yet. They are just so precious. See you in a couple weeks.:)

Tina Fraidenburg said...

A Boy! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats! He is so adorable.

Meg said...

How exciting - he is beautiful! I'm glad to hear all went well and the whole family is now home. And I love Carter's comments, so cute! Congrats you guys.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Yay, congrats Wendi and Family, he's a cutie and I love the name!! Glad all went well :) Congrats again!!

Anna said...

Congratulations Wendi! He is adorable! I am so excited for you guys :)

Angenette said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went so smoothly. Eli is beautiful and you truly have such a cute little family!

Stueller said...

YEA YEA YEA congrats :) He is beautiful!

The Stowells said...

I am glad that everything went so well during the delivery. I couldn't believe that he was seven pounds... especially since Carter and Kate were so little. Anyways I hope that you have a speedy recovery. He is very cute!!

Parrish Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He looks so sweet! I'm glad you made it to the hospital okay. When I started reading I thought you were going to say you didn't make it in time. But I'm glad everything went well. And I love what Carter has to say about his brother! So, cute and funny! Let me know if you need anything!

Red & Lyss said...

I am so excited for you guys! He is a cute little thing! And Wendi, you look great as always, you have a beautiful family!

Mark and Jana said...

Love it! your family is just so cute. I'm glad you got to the hospital on time and didn't have an Addison experience. Can't wait to meet little Eli. Love you guys.

Unknown said...

Hooray Wendi! Great job! Eli is beautiful and i love the name! Hope your recovery goes well.

Chandra said...

Congrats! He is so super cute. I love your family picture.

Kirsha said...

I am so sad that I didn't get to see the little guy when you came in and delivered! he is beautiful congrats!

Syd said...

Beautiful children, beautiful family!!! Well done you two. Lots of love, Grandma B

Ralphie said...

He is so perfect Wendi. You did it! I love his name, I love his nose, and I love his round little head. Babies are the closest thing to heaven.

Rachel said...

COngrats!!!!!!!! That is so awesome! What a beautiful baby he is and I love your story about it all!!! We love and miss you guys!!