Saturday, December 19, 2009

With 3 Kids...

and one of them is a newborn, the older two are running amok!


Originally, I was changing bedding. Carter and Kate thought that meant we should disassemble the beds. And use them for slides.


The other day, I put them in the tub and was quickly putting in some loads of laundry. When I came back up the stairs I could smell the shampoo and thought, "Hmmm. That smells really strong." Well, Carter wanted to make bubbles so he dumped 3/4 bottle of shampoo into the tub. I should have taken pictures before I let the water out but I didn't so these pictures are the tub with no water. Only bubbles. I had to get them out and then shower them just to get all the soap off them and out of the tub.

So, now I know that I should never leave them alone at any time. You other moms are probably saying, "Duh." But I have to get things done like feed the baby and change his bum and then feed him again. And sometimes I myself actually need to use the bathroom or like brush my teeth or something. And I have to say that when the older two are busy making mischief I have been nothing but grateful to have a few minutes where they weren't mauling me and the baby.


Now here are some pictures of cute Eli. He has been half-smiling at us and I kind of caught it in these pictures. He is a sweet little guy and we all love him so much. I also have to say that I am so grateful for good friends and family who have helped me so much this week. Truly, all the meals and help have been so appreciated. I have learned that I need to be a better friend because I don't feel like I deserve all the acts of kindness that have been shown to me. I really hope I can be more unselfish with my time in the future and return some of the Christ-like service. Thank you everyone!

9 comments:

Parrish Family said...

We use to to play with our mattresses ALL the time as kids. I have a lot of good memories doing it! :) And I'm glad Carter feels like he can take charge of things! :) Your kids are so silly.

Meg said...

I don't know how you're doing it with three! I'm impressed :) And really Wendi, you are one of the most selfless, Christ-like people I know! Have a Merry Christmas!

Rachel Seren said...

I love the kids room it is adorable! Eli is so cute too!

The Stowells said...

That is funny how many bubbles there were in the tub!!! Eli looks like a little man in his little outfit. Gosh it is so hard being a mom, but so rewarding at the same time.

Debbye said...

After having Allison, I am even more grateful for...movies!

And honestly, the mischeif your kids get into now will be the stuff of epic stories later! Well worth it!

And aren't you looking forward to this summer when there will be 7 kids 5 and under to destroy Grandma's house?

Tonya said...

those kids are so cute!! I can't wait to meet Eli. He is adorable.

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Holy WOW!! I'd run amok too if I had a bed that cool!! Your kids are so cute!!!

Syme Family said...

Congrats! Your little guy is so cute. I can't wait tell our little girl gets here. This has been a very long pregnancy and I still have 3 months left.
I love the pictures of the kids holding their little brother.