The kids had Field Day at school last week. It was BROILING hot outside and the poor kids had to run, jump, and play all day. They had plenty of breaks and water and shaded places to rest so they had fun. Some moms stayed all day to watch their kids compete. Uh, not me. We stayed for like an hour and a half each day (Kate was on Mon and Carter was on Tues) and that was enough for Lydia and me. Eli would have stayed longer but he's four. So his vote doesn't count.
The elementary school had a carnival on Friday to celebrate the end of the year. They had all kinds of bouncy houses for the kids to play on and treats. Carter and Kate had fun running around with their friends and Eli had a blast on the bouncy slide.
Today, Carter was recognized for being the second top reader in the 3rd Grade. I'm pretty sure that if he had actually taken tests on all the books he read at home this year he would have been the top reader. Probably for the whole school. That kid loves to read!
3 comments:
Good job kids!
Personally I think Chad and Lydia looked to be having the most fun.
So proud of you Carter! Good job! I'm not surprised one bit that you got that award! You are a fantastic young man, not just an excellent reader! I'm so glad I'm related to you!
Way to be Carter! I am so proud of you. You are awesome! The love of reading will always be a beautiful and rewarding blessing in your life. Don't ever stop.
Post a Comment