To celebrate Memorial Day today we went to the Dacula Parade. It was actually a good parade with lots of patriotism and reminders of why we even have a holiday today. If the South is anything, it's patriotic...even if that patriotism sometimes refers to the Confederacy. Whatever. There was none of that today so it was all good.
It was only 72 degrees but it felt way hotter than that. Even Lydia's hat was drooping. She looks so much bigger than 15 months to me. It cracks me up to see her just sitting there in the stroller with a funny look on her face and her wilted hat.
After the flags went by at the beginning of the parade they had a remembrance for all of the soldier's that have recently died from GA. They had a poster for each individual with their name and picture being carried. It was really sobering to watch them all go by. I cried. I couldn't help it.
There was a bunch of people from our ward there and we all sat together. The kids had a blast playing with their friends and gathering candy.
Eli wouldn't even look at the camera.
"Dude. You're distracting me from the candy!"
There's this really huge Baptist church in Dacula. Like really, really huge. Anyway, they had free hotdogs, chips, drinks, and snow cones. Really awesome of them I must say. They also had a bouncy house which is always a favorite with the Littles.
After working all weekend, it was so nice to actually have a day to spend together as a family and just relax.
1 comment:
That is so nice that they do that and remind everyone why we have that holiday. I'll mark that up as a good reason for living in the South :-) I like Kate's sunglasses. Remember how she loved to wear them when she was just a baby? I've noticed she's had them on in the last two posts. She is such her own little person, they all are! Love you, love you, love you!
Post a Comment