Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 4th!


We spent the 4th of July with a couple of families from our ward in a little town, Helen, GA.  This town pretty much only exists for summer river tubing adventures.  I think half of GA had the same idea we did and the place was super busy.  They have buses that take you up the river and then you spend the next 2 hours floating lazily downstream.  We were very disappointed to discover they didn't allow children under the age of 3 to go. This was a new rule so we had brought Lydia with us.  So, I stayed out with Lydia and Chad took the other kids down with our friends.  I was pretty bummed at first but Lydia and I had a fun time together.  I knew there was a German restaurant in the town somewhere so we walked, and walked, and walked, in the hot sun. And eventually, we found it. It probably looked a little weird for me to go out to lunch with my one-year-old by myself and not to a fast food place, but whatever.  I love German food and Lydia really liked it too.  Our waitress was nice and we sat outside in the shade and had a really nice lunch of schnitzel and spaetzle.  Lydia was a gem and I came to realize that all her bad behavior comes as a result of being around the rest of the family. Hmmmm.



Carter and Parker Cottrell


Katya Dent and Carter


Eli, Chad, and Kate



We found a lovely spot for grilling hotdogs and having a picnic afterwards.  We had all brought food to share. Here's Kate enjoying the shade and her cold brewski.






We were all tuckered out by the time we got home around 5 so we didn't do anything else exciting but had showers and went to bed.  Happy Independence Day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun, fun, fun! I'm SO glad you were able to enjoy the 4th! Makes my grandmother's heart happy to see that you guys had a good time! It really does look like a great thing to do and I'm glad you and Lydia had your own fun adventure!

Just Us! said...

Oooo! Looks like tons of fun. Wish I was there. :)