Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, we drove to our friends, the Sorber's, house in Clemson, SC.  They had invited a couple of other families too so we had a nice version of a live nativity. Then we had a few musical numbers. Carter and Kate both played their Christmas pieces they've been working on.  I was proud of them for doing it without even complaining.  Kate tried to do hers from memory and got a little lost but she finished and I was proud of her.  
Then we had a delicious "Cafe Rio" style lunch with sweet pork and all the fixings.  So yummy.  We played a white elephant gift exchange game after that and then headed home around 3.


Carter and Eli were shepherds and Kate was Mary.


On the way home, Lydia just put her blanket on her head and went to sleep.  I guess she just couldn't take watching Polar Express another minute.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you live close to these good friends. The whole day looks like a wonderful time was had by all. Love the blanket on the head decision Lydia made :-) Silly girl!

Just Us! said...

Funny little Lydia and sweet too. I don't like Polar Express much either.