I have a love/hate relationship with sugar cookie day at our house. I love it because they taste delicious, the kids love it and have fun, and it builds memories. But I hate it because it is a LOT of work, it makes a huge mess, it takes being patient with kids, and they are so fattening and I have no self-control. That being said, we had a fun day on Dec. 22 making the cookies. We then delivered plates of them to our neighbors in spite of it being a really, really rainy and cold day.
Lydia was SUCH an ornery cuss all day. Such a joy and pleasure, really. Not.
Everybody else had fun though. What cute kids I have.
Kate was wearing this bride's dress and feather boa and dressed Lydia in this pink dress up dress. Eli also had on his ninja costume. They were wearing this get-up when we delivered the cookies to the neighbors. That's what happens when you have kids. I guess you just stop caring what people think. Oh, I did wrap a blanket around Lydia, you know, because it was cold outside. I'm an awesome mom like that. Happy Hallowistmas!
2 comments:
You are a better mother than me - I strongly disliked (hate is such a mean word) making sugar cookies. So, even though it would have made wonderful memories and they were your Dad's favorite cookie, we didn't do it very often. Betcha don't have any memories of doing it, do ya? I'm so awful!
I love it! And I would love having you or neighbor kids deliver cookies in costume. It just says, "I am having fun and I want to share some fun with you too." I love it!
Post a Comment