Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Little About Me

After Ralphie was so generous as to "tag" me last week, I have taken a few moments to record my innermost feelings and thoughts.

What I Was Doing Ten Years Ago
Hmmm. Let's see, in Oct. 1997 I was fully immersed in my first semester of the nursing program at Ricks College. I was experiencing roommates for the first time and probably still a little homesick.

What I Was Doing Five Years Ago
Ok, so in Oct. 2002 I was living in Nauvoo, IL. I was attending a semester at BYU Nauvoo and loving every minute of my experience. That little town has such a spirit and is a beautiful place. I lived with 120 other college students in a totally ghetto old Catholic school across the street from the Nauvoo Temple. It was literally less than 200 steps from my bedroom door to the front of the Temple. We traveled to all the Church History sites from Palmyra to Winter Quarters. What fun memories!

One Year Ago
Last year I was pregnant with our little Katers. I was still working full time and wrestling a two-year-old so I was pretty tired. I look back at pictures of that time and think, "That girl looks like she needs a makeover and a nap." Sadly, the same thought still applies to me and I am no longer pregnant. Oh well.

Yesterday
Yesterday I got up, worked out, took a shower... you know, the usual. I caught a delicious bass for lunch - actually it was just pork chops and cabbage - a delectable meal that even Carter enjoys. Then I did the dishes and went to work. At work I did a delivery or two and then helped move stuff over to our new unit which we are getting ready to open next week. Not my idea of fun but whatever, I was getting paid to do it. Then I came home and fell into bed. What an exciting day eh? I hope you are not asleep just ready about it.

Five Snacks I Enjoy
This one is hard as I enjoy pretty much all food but here goes:
1. Wheat Thins and a string cheese
2. Kashi granola bars - delicious and healthy
3. Graham crackers and milk
4. Chocolate pudding packs
5. Chips and salsa

Five Things I Would Do With a Million Dollars
1. Buy a house
2. Help my Mom
3. Buy a new car
4. Pay off student loans
5. Take a real vacation

Five Places I Would Love to Go
(I changed this question because I agree with Ralphie's comments on the wording of it as stated on her blog, bandralphie.blogspot.com)
1. Nauvoo
2. The Oregon Coast
3. Hawaii
4. Park City Outlets
5. DisneyWorld

Five TV Shows I Like
I pretty much don't like TV shows. I do like to watch the Discovery Channel, the Food Network, and I have been known to watch reruns of Everybody Loves Raymond.

Five Things I Hate Doing
1. Taking care of whining children
2. Cleaning the house
3. Going to work
4. Organizing the little thing we stick important papers in
5. Doing the dishes

Five Biggest Joys of the Moment
1. Getting weighed and seeing a smaller number
2. Kissing my kids
3. Snuggling the kids or Chad
4. Coming home from work
5. Eating chocolate

Five People that I Tag
Anyone who wants to do this but I really think Chad should do it

2 comments:

Ralphie said...

Thanks for the peek into Wendi's daily life. I remember that the first few months after you left nursing school. I was heart broken. Then you came home to visit and it was like Christmas! Wait, it WAS Christmas.
Anyway, I still feel that way. Miss you and love looking forward to seeing you.

Chad said...

What I Was Doing Ten Years Ago:
In October 1997, I had just arrived in the Philippines and was marveling at their preparation for All Saints Day. I had been there only a few weeks and was rather lost and homesick as well.

What I Was Doing Five Years Ago:
It was October 2002, I had moved back home because I had no money after I needed to have my appendix out. I was just going to school. I think I was still working at what was then Hyclone labs.

One Year Ago:
I was taking care of my pregnant wife. I had also just started my first year of grad school.

Yesterday:
I had meetings and was home alone while Wendi was at work. I took care of Carter and Kate for the rest of the night.

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Pretzels and Cheese
2. Roasted Peanuts
3. Chips and Fresh Salsa
4. Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake
5. Warm Cookies

Five Things I Would Do With A Million Dollars(after paying my tithing):
1. Open a Trust Fund
2. Invest part of it
3. Pay off student loans
4. Invest in a house
5. Go on a much needed vacation

Five Places I Would Love To Go:
1. Wendi to take me on a Church History tour.
2. Jerusalem (were it not so volatile)
3. Hawaii - visit at least 3 of the islands
4. The British Isles
5. Philippines for the Cebu Temple dedication.

Five TV Shows/Channels I Like:
1. Discovery Channel
2. Food Channel
3. Travel Channel
4. Whatever Wendi is watching
5. News

Five Things I Hate Doing:
1. Thesis
2. Tediously long homework assignments
3. Busy work
4. Cleaning up poop
5. Going to a packed store such as Wal-Mart

Five Biggest Joys of the Moment:
1. My Wife
2. My Kids
3. The fact that I actually am in graduate school.
4. It is getting closer to Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday).
5. The Restoration

Five People that I tag:
Um, I don't really know anyone and the people I do know haven't looked at this blog or are too little to know what is going on.