Wendi seems to be having all the fun with this blogging. This blog should be more of a joint effort with occasional input from me, Chad. I will take this opportunity to describe, as Wendi did about me in the last post, a description of her and the truth of what really happens in our relationship.
What is your wife's full name: Wendi Reynolds Bohn
How old is she: She, like me, will be an astonishing 30 years young this October.
Who eats more: As was previously mentioned, I put it all away.
What type of food does she like: She is rather particular about what goes into her mouth. She is a taste, smell, and texture person. There are numerous items she will not ingest. The things she eats are things she "loves" and not just "likes". Overall, I would say her favorite food is a dish that I make. Breaded pork chops with dill sauce, baked potato, and green beans.
Who asked who out on the first date: Let me clarify this one, Wendi said she was the first to ask me out. I made the first attempt, but anyone who knows Wendi knows that she is decisive. She wanted to ask me out the second she knew it was me that was calling her.
Who said "I love you" first: Another clarification. For months we would say, "I like you" or "I really like you a lot." I finally reached down, pulled out some courage and pronounced my undying love for her.
Who kissed who first: Yes I did kiss her first, but if all must be told, Wendi ended the kiss as soon as it started and I ended up kissing her teeth.
How long did we date: It really does depend on how you look at it. 4 years... 4 months.... does it really matter in the eternal scheme of things?
How long was our engagement? 4 months
Who proposed? I think if Wendi would have proposed it would have been a serious blow to my ego. Not only did she ask me out but she desperately wanted to marry me as well. I don't think I could handle not being able to make any decisions in our relationship.
Who is taller: I am a giant. Wendi is married to the giant.
Who is smarter: We can't skip this one! This is the age old question... who is smarter, men or women? Let's at last lay to rest the contention caused by this question. She is smarter in areas where I am not as smart... and let's just leave it at that.
Who cooks dinner: Wendi does, and she is a fabulous "Culinary Technician" at that.
Who does the laundry: I do an occasional load... once in a while.
Who does the dishes: Yes, Wendi does them but I do them as well. I think we have a good 80/30 relationship when it comes to dishes. (I don't think the times I am not home should count though.)
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed: I sleep on the "correct" side otherwise I probably wouldn't sleep that well if I was on the "wrong" side.
Who pays the bills: In truth, I manage the finances. I mean really, who wants to get into the squabble over who actually makes the money that "pays the bills".
Who is more stubborn: Wendi.
Who is the bigger clown: I don't know why she said "Carter". I thought her last posting was finally about me. Somehow the kids always weasel their way into it. Let's let the people decide. Who do you think is the bigger clown?
Who sings better: It is true that at least we can keep a tune. Perhaps we should just keep our musical talent to a band or orchestra. Even then we are so out of practice that some of these middle school kids can outplay us.
Who mows the lawn: I have a dream to one day have a yard big enough to have a baseball game on it. I will manage the lawn care... from my lawn chair... watching my sons learn what it means to work.
Who drives when you're together: Again referring to Wendi's last post, it isn't just any kid who gets put in the car seat. Whoever puts Carter in the car seat drives. When we are on a date we flip for it. The winner rides shotgun.
Who wears the pants in the relationship: Pants, skirts, capris, kilts, shorts, skorts... at least the rump is covered. Although, with our equal partnership, I have never seen a two person pair of pants. There are two person bikes (tandem bikes) but then someone is always staring at the backside of the person in front of them. I have learned, sometimes the hard way, it is better to make joint decisions than to "lead the bull by the nose" or even "by the horns"... ouch! (It is just a saying, Wendi is NOT a bull.)
Who has more siblings: I have 4 younger siblings. Wendi has 3 younger siblings.
What did I leave out: Honestly, and without sarcasm, Wendi is truly the most beautiful person I have had the privilege to get to know and share my life with. I thank our Father in Heaven for eternal principles and covenants. I would be lost without her by my side.
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
aww! How nice, Chad put something up! He's much more thoughtful than 98% of the husbands I see on blogs out there. . . you guys are such a great couple!
I love the idea of watching your kids do the lawn! My dad always talked like that but with three girls we did the best we could, but he mainly mowed.
*lump in throat*
And to think, your relationship still made it through one of the worst jokes I have ever told in my entire life.
"Who is the bigger clown: Let's let the people decide. Who do you think is the bigger clown?"
Thats pretty easy, Chad is of course! Chad is most certainly the comedic genius behind the whole institution (Carter being considered an inmate to the insanity, and not so much a clown). I know for fact he carries on the age long tradition of tormenting.. i mean.. playfully teasing Wendi.
sniff sniff sniff, oooooh chad that was so sweet, you made me a little teary eyed.
That is so cute and I love it from his perspective! Wendi, I'm definitely a texture/taste eater too. If it tastes good but has a nasty texture, nope. If the texture is good but it tastes like poo, nope. You guys are SOOOO sweet!
Post a Comment