Nothing makes me happier than talking about my kids...except maybe shopping for clothes for them. So this tag is all about my babies. However, I do realize that a lot of you, probably most of you, may start to drool and maybe even drift off while reading this. So...I'm not offended if you skip this post. There - I gave you my permission to go somewhere more interesting. Perhaps gymboree.com
1. Where were you when you first found out you when you found out you were pregnant? Carter - my bathroom. Kate - my bathroom. With a pee stick in my hand. Awesome.
2. Who was with you? Hopefully no one was watching me pee. Yep, pretty sure I was alone.
3. What was your first reaction? Relief and happy with both of them.
4. What was your husband's reaction? It was the middle of the night when I took the test with Carter. I woke him up and told him but in the morning he thought it had been a dream and had to go look at the test in the garbage can in the bathroom. He was excited about both of them.
5. Who was the first person you told? After Chad, my Mom both times and then Ralphie of course.
6. Were the pregnancies planned? They happened a little easier than we thought they would but we definitely wanted them.
7. Was everyone happy for you? Of course.
8. What was the sex? Boy then girl.
9. Did anyone throw a shower for you? With Carter I had a shower from work and my ward and my Mom's family.
10. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use? Yes.
11. How much weight did you gain? 30 lbs with both :(
12. Did you get stretch marks? Um, yes. Before conception.
13. Did you crave anything crazy? Corn dogs, oreos, and O.J. with Carter and salt and vinegar chips with Kate. Now do you wonder why I gained 35 lbs.
14. Who or what got on your nerves the most? All I have to say is poor Chad. Pretty much everyone and everything got on my nerves.
15. Where were you when you went into labor? I got induced with Carter and I went into labor with Kate at home.
16. Did you have any complications? Preterm labor and kidney stones with Carter. Nothing to exciting with Kate.
17. Did your water break? Not by itself.
18. Who drove you to the hospital? Chad both times.
19. Did you go early or late? 37 weeks with both of them
20. Who was in the room? Chad
21. Did you video tape it? Ummm. No. I'm not that comfortable with my feminine self.
22. Did you have any pain medication? Epidurals please.
23. Did you have a c-section or natural? Vaginal
24. What was your reaction to the birth? I cried a lot with Carter because it was a scary delivery. But with Kate I was just really happy.
25. How big was the baby? Carter was 6lbs 1 oz. Kate was 6lbs 13 oz. Yeah, for a big girl I don't have very big babies.
26. Did your husband cry? He was touched but I don't think he cried.
27. When is the next one coming? Maybe Spring 2010 we hope.
28. If you could would you do it all over again? Yes.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm such a girl. I love birth stories.
What the crap? You tell Ralphie before you tell ME, your BROTHER. I can only say I'm insulted. I've sure never seen Ralphie playing with your kids! So unloved... dirty gelfling stealing all the love...
Hahahaha.......those are my favorite things too: talking about my my kids and shopping for my kids. I have a strange addiction to finding kids clothes on sale. I can't stop myself. And 30 pounds?? Girl, you're skinny. I gained 45 with each. Dang fruit snacks and ice cream!! :o)
I didn't know most of this stuff. How fun--I didn't know you had kidney stones when you were pregnant. That must have been torture. I had a kidney infection right after I had Lottie and I thought it was worse than labor. (I guess because it lasted like 2 weeks) I'm glad I didn't skip over it although I do love gymboree--another good one is the childrens place online outlet. I get some cute cheap stuff from there sometimes.
What a fun post- Your post did not help with the fact that I am totally baby hungry and Nate won't even discuss it with me.
ooh, spring 2010 . . . I'll be waiting. And Tanner's comment is really funny, I love that your girlfriend was 3rd on the list over the rest of the fam. . . I'd do the same thing!
That was a fun post not in the slightest bit boring, I love hearing about those kind of experiences!! Hope your having a great day!!!
I totally remember all that stuff you went through with carter! Wow, that brings back memories!
No pouting over a 30 pound weight gain! That's awesome! I gained 42 with both!! EEK!
Yea! You did it Twice! That's a big deal. Not to mention being the RS president of your ward when you were pregnant with Carter and went though it all with grace.
Post a Comment