Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pumpkin and Apple Picking

Last weekend we decided to take the kids to a local farm to pick some apples and pumpkins. After lots of days of rain we were LOVING the nice weather and enjoyed our day outside so much. This farm has rows and rows of all different kinds of apples but we were advised to go for the Honeycrisp - and boy are they delicious! The Honeycrisp trees were picked bare except for one or two trees WAY down at the end of the orchard and we were able to pick a few pounds. They are so good I don't know if I can enjoy a different kind of apple ever again!


The kids had so much fun picking out their pumpkins. Carter especially really took his time wandering all over that huge field to find the perfect one. After we saw that they cost 42 cents/lb we quickly made the "pumpkin can't be bigger than your head rule." Still, I'm pretty sure Carter and Kate's pumpkins are bigger than their heads...


Eli loves his little pumpkin. Every time we pass it by the back door, he picks it up and says gravely, "Heaby mamma. Heaby."


Why didn't we get any adorable pictures of all of them together? Oh yeah. I remember why. They wouldn't all stand still together for any length of time. I guess no one can ever say that I haven't raised task-oriented children.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the pictures! When the kids were telling me about it I told them to tell their Dad to send me some pictures . . . and ta-da . . . there they are! I'm glad you all got do to that. I hope Eli doesn't feel as possessive about his pumpkin as David did with his first fish. Remember, he thought he was going to take it home to be a pet . . . not to be eaten. Maybe Eli won't like you sticking a knife in and taking pieces out of his very own little pumpkin!

Jordy and Paiger said...

Love the pumpkin picking!! We are going to do that next weekend. It's a great family tradition of ours. Your kids are just the cutest things ever. Love and miss you guys. (on a side note, I left a message on your post before this. I hope it helps.)

Rachel Seren said...

Love the idea of going to an orchard! Your kids are so cute!

Nat said...

Happy birthday to you today! I sent you a text but I remember you said your phone is being weird back there. I hope you have a fun day.