Monday, October 31, 2011

Cold!

So, we got an early introduction to a New Hampshire winter as it turned bitterly cold on Saturday and we got a "Nor-Easter" storm. It was Carter's last soccer game on Saturday and it was parents against kids. Chad played while I corralled Eli - which I think was way more of a workout than playing soccer. It was SO COLD and wet. The grass here is always just soaked and thus, we were soaked. After the game was over, we all went home to get dried off and warmed up with cups of hot cocoa - our new beverage of choice in this cold climate.

Saturday night was our ward Halloween party. As we were driving over the hill/mountain to the church, it was really starting to snow and I thought, "I hope we can get back home later." Well, it actually turned into quite an adventure as Chad and the kids witnessed the van in front of them roll over into the water-filled culvert and then proceed to almost slide in on top of them in our van. Luckily no one was hurt and Chad was able to make it back to the church to warn me not to try and go home that way. I had driven separately so I could stay to help clean up. Anyway, the family in the rollover was actually in our ward too and Chad helped stay to get them out of the van and out of the water while the police and ambulance were on the way. Then we had to try to find a different route home which was also difficult since we totally don't know our way around here yet and it was snowing so hard. We did make it home ok though and are really grateful our van didn't end up in the river too.

The next morning we awoke to about 5 inches of snow and the kids were so excited to build a snowman. Kate totally looks Chinese in this picture but it's all we've got. Here's to the start of winter!



1 comment:

Karen Ella said...

I LOVE that picture of Kate. Snow already?! It's coming here. I know it. I'm not looking forward to it. Technically we already had it once last month...and it was DANGEROUSLY close to the valley floor this week...