Sunday, October 2, 2011

Eli's Two Bits

This house doesn't have a tub so little Eli gets sink-baths. It's a little squishy but he doesn't seem to mind.


I've written about Kate and Carter so here's our update on "Bubby." Kate has always called him "Bubby" or "Boolee" for some reason so now we all do. Lately she has shortened it to just "Bub." She is such a little mommy to him and I will hear her say in a sweet little voice things like, "Come on, Bub" or "Let's play, Bub." She will also sit down and "read" him stories and he will sit so attentively for quite a long time. The other day he was crying in the car because he dropped his blankie and she said, "Save your tears, Bub, for something that really matters." Huh, wonder where she heard that from? Maybe from me since I say it to her twenty times a day as she cries over every little thing. Great, she inherited my ability to cry at the drop of a hat.
Anyway, back to Eli. He is talking so much lately. He says prayers now and will say, "I love you." He will copy anything you say and is also learning colors, letters and numbers. I have had moments where I thought, "The child's a genius!" When he correctly labels letters and colors but then he gets the next few wrong so I don't think we have an Einstein on our hands after all. He is pretty smart though.
He loves trains and will play with our little train set for a long time. He also loves cars and trucks but mostly if they crash. He loves to play with the big kids but mostly gets in trouble with them when he messes up their fort, game, puzzle, paints, etc. Poor kid.
When he needs something he will come grab my hand and lead me to what he wants. Usually he leads me to the play room to get out a truck for him or read to him. He loves to be read to and will sit on my lap as long as I let him reading book after book. He also loves Word World and Wonder Pets. Netflix just got rid of Word World this week though - what's up with that? I am going to have to write a letter or something because we love that show!
He is finally starting to like milk and will drink it out of a cup. He has always liked cheese and yogurt and I would make his oatmeal with milk everyday so he got dairy but now he will actually drink it.
He is a good and sweet little boy. His only thing is that he seems to be very clingy and hangs around/on my legs most of the time. He also still wakes up most every night and yells and rocks. He's not crying but he's loud and poor Carter shares a room with him. We know the rocking is just a self-soothing thing but it still wakes everyone but Kate up. It seems to be worse when he's teething and since he has been continually teething since like, oh, last December, it is getting old.
We can put up with him though because he is just so STINKING cute. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I. Cannot. Stop. Kissing. Him.
There I admit it. I love my children. And Chad (he lacks the chubby, kissable cheeks though).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad he has decided milk is ok to drink! That's one less worry, right? He really is such a cute little guy. I love to talk to him on the phone because he understands every word (at least he acts like he does)! He is a beautiful little boy by any standard and I love and miss him very much! Enjoy the "leg hanging" because some day he'll be thousands of miles away and you'll wish for just a moment more of that "irritation." It will be worth it, for sure!

Jordy and Paiger said...

I was thinking that same thing about Word World!! Adrienne loves that show too, and we were sad that it was gone. Especially cause when she watches it it is when I cook. So I went back to Super Why. Oh well. Eli is such a cute little guy. Love him.