Thursday, November 3, 2011

Cowboys and Ghosts and Monkeys! Oh My!



Dear Grandma B.,
Thank you for mailing the pumpkin costume all the way to N.H. Unfortunately, I had a complete meltdown wearing it at the ward party because, "People keep running into me because I am to poofy." So, I decided to dress up as a cowboy instead. I'm sorry.
Love, Carter




We live in an area where there isn't really anywhere to trick-or-treat. Luckily, some friends invited us to come with them and they live in a great neighborhood. We met up at their house for a dinner of soup and rolls and then headed out early for some trick-or-treating. There is a house close to them where the people go all out and hand out treats and fresh, hand-cut french fries. They had a Harry Potter theme and even had a sorting hat that "sorted" all the kids. Carter was in Griffindor and Kate was in Slytherin. I guess she really is pure evil. Noooo - not our sweet Katers.
It was really cold so the kids had their coats on under their costumes but we had fun and got just the right amount of candy. Enough for kids to have a little and mom and dad to have a little = perfect amount of candy.
Happy Halloween 2011!

5 comments:

Nat said...

What a beautiful ghost. She's precious.

Tara said...

Ha ha. Kate's in Slytherin! That just means that she has a cunning mind, right? Oh yeah, and a desire for power. Watch our Wendi.

I miss you guys. But cute pictures of the Halloween costumes!

Just Us! said...

Dear Carter,
I am glad you had your Dad's cowboy vest as a back up. Your Dad and your great Grandpa had the same vest. They would wear their vests everyday together as they would go out on the "back 40" to work until lunch. I wish I had taken a picture of them together. I am glad we have a picture of you in it. I do have a picture of your Dad wearing it as a cowboy for Halloween one year also! Your bother and sister are darling in their costumes too. I am blessed to have such beautiful grandchildren.
I Love you and miss you all,
Grandma B

Rachel Seren said...

I love her ghost costume! That house sounds like so much fun. I like that is wasn't scary just fun, we have some near us but they go with bloody gross stuff and the boys don't want to go anywhere near it and I don't blame them.

Nicole said...

Love getting caught up on your cute family!