Saturday, November 19, 2011

Belated Birthday

Our Carter boy turned 7 on November 1! I can't believe I have been a mom for 7 years. That just seems crazy!
At school his teacher gave him a bunch of mardi gras beads to wear and they sang to him. Every Tuesday, his school has a sing-a-long for half an hour where parents and siblings can come sit by their student and we all sing songs together so since his birthday was on a Tuesday, Kate, Eli and I were able to see him at sing-along and give him a birthday hug and kiss.
He had requested ham balls (sounds maybe a little strange but they are really delicious) and spinach for his birthday dinner. He also requested a Oreo cake with a cherry on top. Being the obliging mother that I am, I made all that for him for his special day.

Here he is blowing out that last stubborn candle. Seven candles takes a lot of breath. Whew!

For gifts, he got a new Sherpa hoodie (since he lost his other one), some new jeans (since all his pants have holes in the left knee), some Japanese erasers (don't ask - they're just intricate little shaped erasers), a circuit board (so he can build and take apart to his heart's content, and a headlamp and Legos from Grandma R. Such a lucky little boy!
At 7-years-old, Carter:
  • can tie his shoes.
  • can snap his fingers.
  • can whistle -kind of.
  • can ride a bike.
  • rides the bus to and from school.
  • can read bit chapter books with ease.
  • knows what a trapezoid and a rhombus are.
  • can get Eli out of his crib for me and is so patient and sweet to baby brother.
  • can play for hours with Kate with various random objects.
  • is my sweet little boy that is growing up way too fast!
We love you Carter Boy!

2 comments:

Parrish Family said...

I swear we just had him in Nursery 6 months ago! :) How fast time has gone. Happy Birthday Carter, you sure got big fast, but I am guessing your Mom feels that even more!

Tanner R said...

Spinach! Wise choice dude, wise choice.