Right now the poor guy has a little cold. Actually we are all sick with colds. Fun, fun. Anyway, Chad is busy with school and work. He works 10 hours a week doing research for his advisor and 20 hours a week for the Church. His job for the Church is a great opportunity for him working at the Church Office Building in the Correlation Dept. He is working on helping with research for the CES. He enjoys this internship/job but doesn't enjoy the fact that he is gone from early Mon. morning until Tues. night. His current calling in our ward is Gospel Doctrine Teacher. Chad is also my handy-dandy computer guy and always helps me download the pictures off our camera - something I seem to have a mental block about doing.
I am just busy keeping the house clean, everyone fed, the laundry done, etc. You know the usual exciting life of a mom. I really miss Chad when he is in Salt Lake every week but Carter and Kate keep me company. I am still working part time in Labor and Delivery which keeps me tired. Two weeks ago I had my first real Code Blue. Luckily both the patient and I survived. I, however, didn't stop shaking for several hours. I just bought my first swimming suit in eight years. Yikes! I'm hoping to spend some pool time with the kids this summer so I thought I would be brave. Does anyone know a good brand of self-tanning lotion? Because, dang. My legs are white.
Carter is so sweet and cute and such a little pain in the neck. I feel bad because sometimes he makes me crazy and I seriously want to send him packing but fortunately for him, he can also be very sweet. He tells me several times a day, "I love ya Mom." And he loves to hug and kiss Kate all the time. He loves chocolate chip pancakes and wants them every day. He is excited for Easter and was so enamored with "Beeps" (Peeps) which I introduced him to last week. His favorite movie right now is Cars and he loves all things with wheels. He also loves "Little Critter" books by Mercer Mayer (very cute if you've never seen them). He is a Sunbeam at Church now and loves singing time. He has a hard time going by himself sometimes but we're working on that.
Kate is our little sweetie. She is all smiles and batting of eyes. I think she knows she's a little princess and already likes to play dressups, which at this point involves putting any article of clothing or towel on her head or wrapped around her neck. She usually likes Carter's hugs but has also become very adept at shoving him off when he gets a little too "huggy." She says a handful of words and really loves her water cup. Her favorite foods are string cheese and turkey lunch meat. Oh, and she likes pancakes too.
So, there you have it. The Bohn Family in a blogshell. We love each other and are happy. What more could you ask for. Well, I know I could ask for a dishwasher but that's a whole other blog entry.
12 comments:
Gosh dang and holy maracroni, you guys are cute.
Where did you get your swimming suit? I need a new one (I think it's been 9 years for me too!). Soo excited that they are coming out with the old styles again.
And self tanning lotion, try Jergen's Natural Glow.
You look great by the way! I don't know how you hold it all together. I have always looked up to you in that way. I am looking at needing to work a bit at night too, any survival suggestions.
Wendi, I love your hair!!! Your family so cute!! I cant believe Carter is a sunbeam.....That was a great summary of what you guys are up to....in a blogshell, nice!!!! :)
Wendi~ you are so full of humor! You have such a sweet personality and you are such a great mom, we all want to send our kids packing from time to time, no worries. Lucky for our kids they make us smile and laugh more than they make us crazy. Breath deep and count to 10! :)
Wendi you are the best and I miss you tons and am in desperate need of a me only trip but i don't for see that happening any time soon. If it does happen I will come visit you and your sweet family again. Glad you and your code blue survived!
You are all such good looking people! One of my friends (on my bloglist actually, Sara) talked about you on her blog. You helped deliver her baby and she raves about you!!! Any of your patients are lucky to have you! btw, I really love Jergen's lotion tanner stuff. It's some natural glowy stuff but it's awesome.
Wendi, thank you. It is so nice to hear that things are going well--all but the lack of dishwashers in Skaggie Villiage! Congrats to Chad on his internship, that sounds like a good opportunity, and I'm jealous of his calling. We are glad to be able to keep in touch with you guys.
WEndi, thank you for the update, you are so funny and awesome. And I agree with the Jergen's NAtural glow recommend because well, it has saved my white legs a few times. SEe you in a few months!
Hey, long time no see! It's good to see you are all doing well and surviving in Logan. Grace and I are in Kentucky with Matt now. I'll add some pictures to my blog soon.
Sometimes Wendi, I think you could write me life.... Our kids are almost the same age, out husbands are both crazy busy (mine spends a night a week in Ogden) and I am constantly tired :) I am so sorry that Dallin keep throwing that ball at you when you came to get your pictures :) I am glad it was you and not someone who just thought I had a devil child :) Hope the pictures looked good:) Thanks for all your referrals!
P.S. I meant write "my" life not "me" Life, I swear blogger should have spell and does this make sense check :) at least for me!
Wendi I finally looked at your blog. Your two kids are so sweet! You are definitely an example to me of what a wife and mom should be.
Post a Comment