Monday, December 17, 2012

Space Derby


Now that Carter is 8 he gets to go to Scouts. His first big project was the Space Derby where he had to make a rocket and then they wound up the propellers and raced them. Poor Carter's didn't do so well but neither did lots of the Scouts.  I felt bad for him but also wish he could just relax and have fun. I think he's too much like me - a perfectionist and  really hard on himself. Wish we could both learn how to relax and have fun sometimes.  He does love Scouts though and I hope he continues to feel so excited about achieving good things.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Pinewood Derbys do not hold special memories for me when your brothers were in them. I dreaded them every year - don't know why they keep doing them. Nobody likes them except the one boy in each Pack that wins. Really glad that Carter likes scouts - it's a really great thing for him to enjoy.