Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Montshire


Yesterday, I took the kids to the Montshire Museum in Norwhich, VT. They have been working towards this privilege for a few weeks by doing their chores, practicing piano, and in Eli's case, getting dressed and being happy (i.e. not screaming his bloody head off all the time).  It is Spring Break this week so Carter was able to go too which made him soooo happy because we usually go while he's at school. We invited our friends, Kelley Lemay and her girls, Kadia and Ella to come too. Kadia and Kate are best friends from school and Kelley and I have become friends because Kate and Kadia are such good friends. Side note: I just love Kelley. I really feel that she is such a dear friend and I am going to miss her a lot when we move to Georgia in June.


Here are the kids during lunch. The museum is a children's science museum that has all kinds of fun exhibits about the weather, about local fish and wildlife, bubbles, how things are made, a beehive, and a leafcutter ant colony. The kids even got to feed leaves to the ants. It was amazing how quickly they cut them up and hauled them away.  


Kadia and Kate are both February babies and are both 6. Ella is almost exactly one year younger than Eli and they are both December babies.


The Montshire also lots of fun things to do outside with trails you can hike and a splash pad in the summer. We took a little hike and it really was so beautiful.  The girls were pretending there were fairies in the trees and it wasn't really hard to see how they could imagine that. The forest was quiet and shadowy and so pretty.


Here's the whole group: Carter, Ella, Kelley, Eli, Kadia, and Kate. Kelley and her girls left around 2 but we stayed until almost 5.  Seven hours of fun but boy were we tired!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember this place. Looks like a beautiful day. Hope Atlanta has a children's museum too, I'll bet they do. Good friends can stay in touch forever, they'll have somewhere to stay when they visit Atlanta. I'm sure you will have had a lasting impact on lots of people in NH. The kids all look so good and happy and healthy. What a fun day!

Tanner R said...

Yay lots of updates. We like it when you update ^_~